Consultant, Operations Associate, ATSB Trial, Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases at PATH
- Company: PATH
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kaoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Zambia
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (MNTD) program is a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, invests in national programs, and builds data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination. PATH leads a randomized controlled trial testing the efficacy of a promising new malaria control tool, the attractive targeted sugar bait (ATSB). The project is entering the second year of a two-year trial. The trial is being implemented in 70 study clusters (35 intervention and 35 control) across three districts of Western Province, Zambia: Nkeyema, Kaoma, and Luampa. A Kaoma-based team implements activities together with approximately 500 community residents that are paid to implement various aspects of the intervention or data collection.
PATH is seeking an Operations Consultant to support the Kaoma-based study team. The consultant will travel to Kaoma to provide in-person support starting as early as January 2023. The consultant will work closely with the US-based Trial Coordinator and the Lusaka and Kaoma teams to ensure that all study activities are completed on time and in accordance with study protocol, standard operating procedures, and PATH policies and procedures. Specific areas of critical support will include:
The consultant will perform the scope of work beginning in January 2023. The anticipated timeline entails one or more trips to Kaoma, Zambia with each trip lasting multiple weeks in duration. Based upon consultant availability and performance, in-country support may be requested in March, April, and/or May 2023.
Activities and Scope of Work:
Provide oversight to ensure timely execution of Kaoma-based ATSB Operations in the follow areas in accordance with the ATSB Operations Manual, study protocol, standard operating procedures, and PATH policies and procedures:
- Routine review of daily, weekly, and monthly Operations requirements to ensure timely support to study workplans.
- Vehicle and fuel management:
- Support assignment and tracking of staff and contract drivers and their vehicles (approximately 15-20 vehicles per day), ensure vehicle tracker is updated daily.
- Ensure the correct number of vehicles are sent to and from Kaoma/Lusaka in accordance with monthly schedule.
- Support monthly review meeting of vehicle usage.
- Ensure the project fuel tracker is being accurately completed on a daily basis.
- Ensure timely replenishment and retirement of fuel allocation to avoid depletion.
- Inventory and management of supplies:
- Support monthly inventory of key commodities. Identify potential stock-out of key commodities in a timely manner to avoid stock-outs.
- Support record keeping of stock request and distribution forms for each workstream.
- Support monthly review meeting of supply management.
- Support timely and accurate reconciliation of cash payments by ensuring timely and accurate submission of required documentation.
- Support timely and accurate payment to personnel by ensuring timely and accurate submission of bank details and supporting documents.
- Proactively identify facilities or operations issues that threaten to delay or pause project activities. Work with the Lusaka, Kaoma, and US-based teams to solve problems and keep the project on time.
- Assist the Lusaka, Kaoma, and US-based teams in solving operational problems and overcoming challenges.
The Operations Consultant will work collaboratively with the PATH team to produce the following deliverables:
- Daily reports of vehicle tracker updates; reviews of fuel tracker
- Inventory reports of key commodities; lists of supplies at risk of stock-out
- Submission of required documentation to support payments
- Daily/weekly reports of operations deadlines and challenges
- Demonstrated experience implementing a work plan /activity plan with deadlines.
- Experience supporting project operations preferred (e.g., vehicle and/or fuel tracking, inventory/supply management systems, procurement, payments, etc).
- Strong sense of accountability and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and timelines.
- Experience volunteering or working in a low/middle income country; experience volunteering or working in rural sub-Saharan Africa preferred; experience volunteering or working in rural Zambia particularly relevant.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in-person and virtually.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Box.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English language).
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th December, 2022.