Construction Equipment Service Manager at Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
- Company: Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role:
To ensure an effective support to clients for all machineries and to manage all aspects of the Service Department on a day-to-day basis for achievement of HCMZ business goals and objectives.
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Construction Equipment Service Manager will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Assist with technical enquiries and technical problems with machines to resolve product issues;
- Investigate into field information reports to identify notifications of serious problems;
- Determine the cause of problems and submit Field Information Report to factory to assist customer and provide accurate feedback;
- Receive and inform service bulletin instructions and make a plan/manage to ensure compliance;
- Provide technical support to customers (remote and physical) to ensure products operate continuously;
- Provide technical support to all external customers and conduct continuous monitoring of service and product quality;
- Perform any ad-hoc projects on request;
- Collecting components change-out history/tracking and ensure updating;
- Assist the assessment of failed components and work with Reman Factory for the cause of failure and to ensure improvement.
- Ensure information on all warranty claims are correct;
- Ensure continuous checking of Field Information Report to ensure warranty claims are processed timeously;
- Conduct trend analysis on all warranty claims to identify possible trends in breakdowns;
- Act the judgement on all warranty claims to ensure accurate claims are processed;
- Ensure to confirm costs recovery through warranty claims to HCAF and Customer service jobs.
Ad Hoc Duties
- Perform any reasonable request as requested by Line Manager or HCMZ Management within a reasonable time.
- Set SMART annual performance objectives;
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are adhered to;
- Ensure formal Performance Management is undertaken twice annually and performance objectives achieved by team members as set out in job profile/ performance agreement;
- Ensure Recruitment process is adhered to in line with company procedures and policies;
- Ensure orientation is done within 1 month of appointment in line with company procedures and policies;
- Set Personal Development Plans for the team annually;
- Submit the training needs of the team within a specified time frame;
- Ensure coaching and counseling is conducted to meet individual needs;
- Ensure safety standards are adhered to;
- Maintain a safe working environment and follow safety regulations;
- Promote the culture of safety, quality & efficiency;
- Health and Safety standards, regulations and procedures adhered to at all times.
- Ensure unsafe practices/potential hazardous situations are rectified and reported;
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a full Grade 12 certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum experience of 6 years in a Mining Equipment Industry with focus on Heavy Equipment Machinery.
- Valid driver’s license
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Advanced knowledge of Machines & Equipment
- Knowledge of maintenance management
- Knowledge of basic structure/welding work
- Customer & Industry Knowledge
- Technical background
- People Management Skills
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the requirements above, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to [email protected], or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applications is Monday 5th September, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.