Community Liason Officers at Ministry of Health
- Company: Ministry of Health
- Location: Zambia
- State: Choma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Coordinate facility and community HIV testing, linkage to treatment, care and retention, and prevention services.
1. Coordinating community HIV prevention, care and treatment services in collaboration with community implementing partners in order to accelerate HIV case identification, linkage to care, maximum retention and viral load suppression.
2. Ensure demand creation of OVC, VMMC and other value-added services (TPT, PrEP and Cervical Cancer)
3. Coordinate facility and community HIV testing including safer and ethical index testing and partner notification, Social Networking Testing, and optimized Provider Initiated Counselling Testing.,
4. Facilitate Rapid ART initiation f HIV positive clients at all service delivery points.
5. Coordinate linkages of clients from Community Implementing Partners to facilities for treatment and other services.
6. Coordinate hotspot mapping of populations at high risk (FSW, MSM, IDU, TG and In-mates) and priority populations such as adolescent and young people (AYP) and device age specification health promotion strategies.
7. Supervises Community Health Workers to promote retention in care in order to maintain continuum of HIV prevention and treatment services.
8. Facilitate provision of community and facility-based models of differentiated services delivery.
9. Supervises and undertakes community activities for TB contact tracing, defaulter tracing and active case finding to halt and eliminate TB in the community
10. Monitors the performance of all Community HIV Program targets in order to facilitate implementation of appropriate interventions.
Required Skills, Competencies and Experience
1. Full Grade 12 Certificate with five (5) O’ Levels including English, Mathematics & Science
2. Diploma in Social Work and Community Development
3. Certificate in Psychosocial Counselling will be added advantage
4. At least 3 years of working experience handling HIV testing and community-based activities
5. An innovator, who can initiate new ideas and activities.
6. Able to work with minimum supervision.
7. Good Communication both oral and written.
Job knowledge/technical expertise
1. Good Analytical skills
2. Excellent strategic thinking
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable referees, academics and professional qualifications, Full Registration with relevant professional bodies and Latest Practicing Licenses where applicable to the address below Monday, 24th April, 2023 at 16:00 hours.
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicant who will be appointed on contract terms for an initial period of five (05) months subject to renewal depending on satisfactory performance. Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication and must clearly indicate the position applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Southern Provincial Health Office does not solicit for fees at any stage of the recruitm process, any such attempts shall be treated as potentially fraudulent and be reported immediately
The Provincial Health Director
Provincial Health Office P.O BOX 630026