Chiefdom Lead at Biocarbon Partners
- Company: Biocarbon Partners
- Location: Zambia
- State: Mfuwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
BCP is a leading African conservation company which aims to generate sustainable conservation finance through the forest carbon markets. We are working with Community and Government partners to help improve the conservation management over 1 million hectares of globally significant wildlife habitats in Zambia, and to benefit 225,000 people. Most of the project areas are located in Game Management Areas bordering strategic National Parks in Eastern and Lusaka Province, governed by management agreements between local communities, the Government of Zambia, and BCP.
BCP is recruiting for a Chiefdom Lead x 2 based Mfuwe, to manage community conservation, livelihood impacts and partnership building. The position works closely with community, private and Government stakeholders to deliver positive community impacts and target zero deforestation in project areas. The position requires advanced management and team building abilities, as well as skills in data management, conducting field work in rural Africa, advanced spreadsheet skills, excellent English writing skills, knowledge of community engagement approaches and community based natural resources management principles and approaches as well as a willingness to live and work in rural Zambia. The main tasks will be managing stakeholder partnerships, supporting partners to achieve continental-class operational effectiveness, catalyzing capacity building of community based natural resource organizations and Government partners, developing scalable alternative livelihood interventions, ensuring data systems work and are used in adaptive management, and coordinating logistics and building forest management capacity amongst partners. This role has the exciting opportunity to be a key liaison with our partners. The position will require a willingness to engage in fundraising efforts. The candidate is expected to be a relationship builder, and coach.
STUFF WE’LL TRUST YOU WITH.
- A key and trusted liaison between BCP and our valued, strategic, and long-term partners in the communities.
- Support effective liaison with partners limiting deforestation within REDD+ Zones in project areas.
- To support and build capacity of the Community Resources Boards to select and implement community development projects
- To support and build capacity of the Community Resources Boards to function as an accountable transparent community institution including facilitation of periodic review meetings
- Serve as a liaison with Government and Community partners to support the improvement of effective conservation management, and to ensure the execution thereof.
- Ensure impact monitoring capacity is built and data is collected consistently.
- Coordinating infrastructure development in community project zones to completion.
- Provide ongoing support to community partners to ensure operations in Chiefdoms are managed to targets.
- The development and implementation of regular standard operating procedures (SOPs), systems, and policies that support BCP’s vision of continental-class conservation management.
PROBLEM SOLVERS WANTED.
- Advanced partnership development skills.
- Advanced report writing.
- Management skills.
- Knowledge of community mobilization and capacity building amongst community institutions.
- Project Management, people management and leadership skills. We’re looking for someone who wants to make a difference, puts team and partnership first, and has integrity.
STUFF YOU’LL TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES.
Helping to conserve over 565 million trees, and with close to 7 million tons of carbon emissions reduced to date, both BCP implemented REDD+ Projects have been verified against the Verified Carbon Standard, the world’s leading voluntary Greenhouse Gas program. In 2021, the LZRP is the only project in Africa to receive 8 consecutive verifications and only the second in the World to achieve this! While it is also Africa’s first CCBA Triple Gold Project, with ‘Gold’ level verification against all three categories of the Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Standard (CCBA) for its exceptional climate change impacts and community and biodiversity benefits. The LCFP has achieved CCBA Triple Gold Validation for exceptional community impact. Awarded Best Individual Offsetting Project and Impact Monitoring Report in the World in the Environmental Finance Voluntary Carbon Markets Ranking 2021, and ranked in the top 0.5% of B Corps globally 2021, BCP offers carbon offsets with World class benefits. Under our 30 – Cubed goal, by 2030, BCP is set to deliver on our goal of avoiding 30 million tons of emissions annually, benefitting 3 million people, and partnering with communities across 30 million acres of globally significant wildlife habitat.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
As an equal opportunity employer, a competitive salary will be offered, plus training, plus the potential for performance bonuses, plus travel opportunities for work, plus health benefits, plus a great work culture, plus career growth, plus working with a diverse and committed team.
Candidates interested in joining an innovative and high-performance team, and working towards doing amazing things in conservation technology and livelihoods, please send a CV, a cover letter, and anything else that makes your application stand out by email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for, : Chiefdom Lead – Mfuwe, in the subject line. Please also send 3 reference contacts, and anything else that will help your application stand out.
Females are encouraged to apply.
Applications accepted from 22nd September, 2022 until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If an applicant receives no response within a 30-day period, they should consider their application unsuccessful.
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date : 30th September , 2022.