17 Nov 2022
Butchery Assistant at Mika Meats Limited
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Mika Meats Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
JOB POSTING N0:2
JOB POSITION: BUTCHERY ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: RETAIL CASHIER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pack meat into retail or bulk packaging for further sells on to customers
- Operate the pricing scale and price meat products
- Merchandising of retail meat cuts in butchery cabinets
- Ensure that meat that has been cut or processed is fresh and well packed
- Checking sell-buy dates, bloody and broken packs on butchery cabinet shelves
- To assist in receiving/offloading merchandise meant for the butchery/outlet;
- Assist with stock rotation and storage management of meat and meat related items
- Ensure compliance with all food safety and hygiene policies
- Manage in the day to day cleaning of production areas, fridges freezers and store rooms
- Maintain good/safe personal hygiene while working/preparing meat and meat related items
- Assist all customers with their requirements
- Ensure that then outlet is clean at all times
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Should have high integrity and be honest/trustworthy
- Able to coordinate multiple-tasks and manage pressure.
- Should be proactive and trainable
- Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
- Minimum of a Grade 12 certificate, and or a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the meat Processing Industry or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered
- 3 years of retail experience.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their application letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
MIKA CONVENTION CENTER
PLOT NO. 34 ‘A’ SUB 9 WATERFALLS MEANWOOD
OFF GREAT EAST ROAD.
Email: [email protected]
Candidates are free to either submit hard copies or soft copies to the above stated address.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 27th November, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.