26 May 2023
Associate Seed Systems Specialist at CIMMYT
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: CIMMYT
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
- Support the seed system specialists and other scientists in engaging seed producers in developing sustainable seed networks and markets; collation of certified Seed Production.
- Assist in developing and improving the capacity of seed sector partners through training and other related capacity-building initiatives where necessary.
- Provide technical support to NGOs, and private seed companies in pre-basic and basic seed production.
- Support the establishment and monitor a variety of demonstrations/field days established in the respective countries.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports related to the project activities.
- Assist in organizing meetings (Technical and Partner meetings), training (staff, partners, farmers), and workshops (Seed Marketing, Annual Review, and Planning) as needed)
- Provide support to other CIMMYT project activities being implemented in the respective country.
- Provide support in organizing and conducting training and capacity-building activities in the respective geolocations.
- Perform any other tasks and assignments related to the projects as required by the supervisor.
- BSc in Agriculture or related fields and at least 2-5 years of relevant experience in legume seed systems, seed production, agronomy, or related field. A diploma in Agriculture with more than 5 years of experience could apply.
- Knowledge in seed production and breeding, extension, or related field
- Experience in working with the public and private seed sector
- Experience in working with smallholder farmers, NGOs, and CBOs
- Good communication skills
- Familiar with the implementation variety of demonstrations and promotion
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team of researchers, private seed companies, and extension workers.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st June, 2023.