Artisan Boilermaker at First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia - First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM) Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To execute maintenance functions according to standards and instructions to ensure maximum availability, reliability and safety of equipment, tools and employees is achieved. The incumbent will perform maintenance activities in a safe and effective manner with the aim of delivering results that meet quality standard and company expectations.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Structural repairs and alterations.
- General fabrication
- Full welding skills
- Use oxy and Acetylene cutting torches.
- Able to read and work from schematic drawings.
- Inspections of components to determine reliability.
- Assist in maintaining the availability of the fleet through effective preventative maintenance procedures.
- Take reasonable precautions as stipulated to minimize hazards to other personnel and equipment during the course of the work
- Provide feedback to the management on issues identified, progress of jobs and planned work.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Job Specific Competences
- Have a sound knowledge of metal types.
- Have a sound knowledge of welding processes and electrodes and welding wire.
- Have a sound knowledge of how to handle equipment and materials.
- Able to interrupt complex Fabrication drawings
- Experience with heavy fabrication
- Fixed and Mobile plant experience
- The welding of aluminum and cast iron
- Oxy lancing
- Air arc gouging
- Welding with gas and gasless welding wires
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Advanced certificate in metal fabrication
- Engineering Institute of Zambia member.
- Certificate of attendance in incident and accident investigation and reporting.
- 3 years minimum in the role of supervisor.
- Promotes team work.
- Sufficient technical skill.
- Prioritizes safety.
- Adjusts to changes in task requirements at short notice.
- Drives attendance.
- Be on stand by and overtime when required.
- Good verbal communication.
- Moderate standard of computer literacy
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must know MIG and TIG welding.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th September , 2022.