Artisan Auto-Mechanic x3 at Zambia Sugar
- Company: Zambia Sugar
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Part-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Auto-Mechanic in the Agriculture Department:
1. ARTISAN AUTO-MECHANIC C2 (3 Position) – SEASONAL
The position reports to the Transport Workshop Mechanic. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance on both diesel and Petrol powered machinery.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Maintain vehicle functional condition by attending to operator complaints and conducting detailed RCA.
- Conduct inspections, report engine failures, replace parts and systems and ensure adherence to service guides.
- Plan and schedule estate vehicle workshop/garage/ pool vehicle and maintenance tasks, to ensure optimal equipment availability.
- Monitor vehicle performance post- service or repairs.
- Identify areas where performance and quality management can be improved and plan the implementation of systems and processes to implement improvements.
- Adhere to procedures for spare parts ordering systems.
- Produce productivity and labour hours reports.
- Keep accurate and proper records of job cards and RCA sheets.
- Ensure continuous improvement by participating in Maintenance Best Practice as 5S champion assistant as well monitoring, overall, CI performance and tracking.
- Conduct work-site cleaning before and after any vehicle and equipment maintenance activity.
- Account for tools and equipment in his/her care
- Monitor and manage team and individual performance daily, against minimum standards and targets.
- Monitor KPIs and balanced score cards, track performance and flag any issues.
- Promote and adhere to Zambia Sugar and Group procedures, policies and guidelines.
- Promote and adhere to Safety Health Environment Risk & Quality (SHERQ).
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Should be 18 years and above.
- Craft Certificate in Automotive Mechanics/Technician in automotive mechanics /Agricultural Mechanics
- Any Auto Electrical qualification is an added advantage.
- 2 years’ experience in a busy Vehicle workshop environment
- Good operational acumen, attitude and expertise with ability to anticipate, interpret and respond to all data for documentation (electronic or manual)
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and working knowledge.
Method of ApplicationShould you be interested in applying for any of the roles, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of the HR Business Partner to [email protected]m clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 15th September 2023.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.