ZCHPP Program Manager at CMMB-Zamba
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: CMMB-Zamba
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
The ZCHPP Program Manager will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics in mobilizing and engaging communities in HIV/AIDS prevention programs, and provide technical expertise in HIV prevention interventions.
The Program Manager will be responsible to organize, coordinate programs and providing leadership to the Zambia Community prevention project (ZCHPP) activities and Determined Resilient Empowered AIDS Free Mentored Safe (DREAMS) program activities implementation, using targeted evidence-based approaches. The program Manager will be responsible to provide strategic guidance to project Teams in ways that promote the organizational culture and attainment of the project goals. He or She will also oversee the progress of operations of the project and the sub projects.
Reporting to: The Operations Director for overall technical direction working with the overall support of the Country Director
A. Management and Supervisory Responsibilities – The PM will:
- Provide leadership, supervision and overall management of the Program activities by monitoring progress toward achievement of all project objectives through implementation of the activities as outlined in Project approved Detailed
- Implementation Plan (DIP) as well as any additional ones that would support the success of the project.
- Liaise with PACT Technical Team and The Operations Director (OP)-CMMB to ensure needed technical support for smooth implementation of the Project is provided.
- In collaboration with Human Resource Manger to accomplish Project and organizational human resource objectives by identifying recruitment needs ,recruiting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, communicating job expectations;, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures .
- Provide overall Technical and Leadership oversight to all Staff under the Project
- Support coordination and collaboration with government and USG funded programs to leverage resources.
- Identify areas collaboration with stakeholders and promote linkages with other initiatives, partners and support joint planning.
- Coordinate cross-project activities.
- Ensure strong partnership between project staff and relevant local and national partners
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate the development or revision of materials for trainings, workshops and meetings to address technical assistance needs and to support partners as need may be.
- Participate in Coordination Meetings with other stakeholders at the National and Subnational level.
C. Project Monitoring
- Lead and Coordinate monitoring and evaluation activities for the project, with support of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and develop required reports on the program on monthly, quarterly, semi Annual and Yearly basis.
- Working together with the M&E team conduct periodic visits to the field to Monitor project Implementation Progress.
- Participate in the designing of Monitoring and Evaluation methods and tools for the Project.
- Lead on the collection of success and Most Significant Change stories and Provide Technical Support to Project Staff on writing Success and most Significant Stories to demonstrate the Impact of the Project.
- Schedule Timely Technical Review Meeting for the Project as well as participate in those organized by
D. Budgeting and Planning
- Meet financial objectives of the project by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions to ensure expenditure are in line with scheduled activities and on time.
- Ensure that project expenditures are in compliance with the USAID/ZCHPP guideline and liaise with Operations Director and Finance Director and Administration on a regular basis (Monthly) in order to maintain a healthy burn rate for the Project.
- Do monthly and Quarterly budgets projection and activity plans to ensure efficiency of the project resources to achieve the planned activities for the period in collaboration with Finance.
- Ensure prior approval and compliance of procedures for all project spending.
- Participate in development of the yearly Project Planning, modification and project description.
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Good understanding of behavioral Change programing in HIV/AIDS prevention
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Social Science or health related discipline or a relevant field; Master’s Degree is a plus
How to Apply
Interested persons should send a detailed application letter , a detailed CV and copies of certificates to [email protected] or The Human Resource Manager, Plot 20 Msuzi Road, Woodlands. P.O.Box 320146, Lusaka.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24th July 2019