Work Placement Officer at Build It International
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Build It International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chingola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Build It International (BII) is a charitable organisation operating in Zambia and headquartered in the UK. Our mission is to create opportunities for young people in Southern Africa to work in construction through skills training, work experience and community building projects.
We train 60-80 trainees a year on our own community infrastructure project. We are now offering further training to 120 trainees per year from our new training centre, The Centre for Excellence (CfE), currently under development. Trainees complete a three-month intensive training programme at entry level building skills at the centre before gaining practical experience on a construction site with a contractor.
Overall Role: We are seeking a self motivated, dynamic and target driven individual to secure and coordinate work placements for trainees with contractors and to successfully implement our graduate career support programme.
The employee shall serve the Build It International (BII) Zambia office in the capacity of Work Placement Officer and shall carry out the following duties and other duties as BII Zambia may from time to time direct:
- To coordinate with the Relationship Manager on securing and managing work placements for trainees.
- To identify opportunities and approach potential contractors for partnerships.
- Negotiate and sign up contractors through a partnership agreement ensuring their full understanding of expectations on both sides.
- Agree specific placements / jobs, including duties and work hours, and ensure they are set up.
- Monitor the delivery of the ‘work placements’ to ensure that it is working for both parties and addressing issues arising (in collaboration with the training team).
- Ensure that the work placement programme operates within the approved budget.
- Working with the Training team, implement and ensure success of the graduate career support programme.
- Coordinate career support events and programmes.
- Create and manage active database for graduates for linking to contractors.
- Prepare internal reports.
- Responding to and resolving queries from trainees, graduates and contractors.
- Contribute towards searching and securing suitable ‘Partner Training’ projects.
- Implement programmes which will help Build It Trainees and graduates from different streams to find jobs.
- Help raise the profile of the Centre for Excellence (CfE) and advocate our approach to a wider audience.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong commercial skills especially new business development including marketing
- Ability to develop an understanding of the construction market with respect to skill requirements and provision
- Marketing, sales and negotiating skills to engage and persuade target contractors and sponsors/suppliers to sign up
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Ability to plan, organise and coordinate activities and events
- General supervision experience – execution, problem solving, time management and good judgement.
- Good communication skills: verbal, presentation and written
- Clean driving licence, competent in standard computer skills
- Educated to degree level
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a supervisory level in a marketing/sales/distribution role
- Some experience of the private education/training sector an advantage
- Some experience of the construction sector an added advantage
- Experience of working towards clearly defined targets
- Demonstrable experience of the ability to present ideas and negotiate
- An understanding and belief in BII’s mission, vision and values
- Competitive salary – according to experience and skills
- Health insurance and paid holidays
- Supportive environment – you will be given support and orientation
- Professional development – we will invest in your project management skills
Line Management and Key Relationships
The role reports to the Relationship Manager and works closely with:
- Trainee Officer
- Project Officer
- Training Manager
- Delivery partners
How to Apply
• Check that you can meet the basic requirements listed in the job description
• Your application should consist of the following:
1. A CV which includes a list of relevant professional qualifications, stating where you studied and when. Include any relevant short course training/workshops.
2. A cover letter telling us what interests you about the position. One-page max.
3. Provide contact details for three referees who know you in a professional capacity.
Clearly indicate WORK PLACEMENT OFFICER as the subject of your application and please save your CV and cover letter in the following format: ‘FULL NAME CV’ and ‘FULL NAME COVER LETTER’ e.g. MULENGA MULENGA CV and MULENGA MULENGA COVER LETTER
***Applications that do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.***
E-mail applications to: [email protected] or hand deliver to 21381 Mushakashela Road, Woodlands, Lusaka.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY 24TH JULY 2019