Winrock International Jobs in Zambia : Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant Intern
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Winrock International
- Location: Chipata, Eastern Province, Zambia
- State: Chipata
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant Intern!
Winrock International, in collaboration with Panos Institute Southern Africa, through the Ministry of Labor and Social Security is Implementing a project called EMPOWER: Increasing Economic and Social Empowerment for Adolescent Girls and Vulnerable Women in Zambia. EMPOWER Zambia will provide 2,500 adolescent girls with relevant skills and access to acceptable work, help 1,500 vulnerable women access livelihood opportunities, and increase understanding of acceptable work and gender equality by 1,000 men.
Winrock International Zambia seeks a reliable Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant to join our M&E department on internship basis at our Offices in Chipata, Chadiza, Katete, Lundazi and Petauke. This internship will be a long-term basis but renewable quarterly upon evaluation of performance against set deliverables. We seek a candidate who enjoys data entry and has accurate quick typing skills, is analytical and pays attention to detail. You will have an opportunity to grow in the business of our project.
Terms of reference/ Responsibilities
- Prepare and sort documents and data sheets for the purpose of data entry
- Enter data from paper formats into a database system or Excel file
- Sort, organize and file paper forms after entering data for storage
- Verify data in spreadsheets by comparing it to source documents to ensure data integrity at every stage. This will require good understanding of project data tools and forms
- Update existing data in the database
- Create and maintain logbooks of entered and edited data
- Secure entered information by creating data backups on a periodic basis to ensure data preservation
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files and spreadsheets as requested by authorized users
- Prepare weekly updates on status of raw and cleaned data sources
- Assist Empower District Coordinator in routine monitoring of project activities and project implementation
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have completed or is currently enrolled in a degree programme in social sciences or holds an advanced certificate in IT or information studies or other equivalent qualifications
- Has excellent reading and writing skills
- Able to plan and manage time effectively
- Great attention to detail and eager to learn
- Proven experience as data entry clerk is added advantage
- Experience in data collection and management or basic understanding of databases
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Experience in data collection or interviewing will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of the English language. Understanding of local languages in Eastern province is added advantage.
- Preference is to those with own accommodation in Chipata, Chandiza, Katete, Petauke or Lundazi. EMPOWER Zambia project will not provide housing to any selected candidate.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above and you clearly understand the terms of reference of this internship, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] and CC. [email protected] or drop the hard copy application in person at EMPOWER Zambia Project Offices; Plot 1047 Umodzi Highway, Chipata, Zambia.
Deadline for receiving applications is 18 July 2018.