Travel Agent x5 at Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited
- Company: Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Zambia
The Travel Agent will be responsible for sales and marketing of Air Transportation and Accommodation to individuals, companies and groups planning trips. Provide advice on travel destinations, plan itineraries, and collect payments. Take the lead in planning holidays, suggesting travel destinations, maintaining client files, and managing large-scale events. Provide travellers with timetables and travel literature, compute fare costs and make reservations.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Sales and marketing of transportation and accommodation to individuals, companies and groups planning trips
- Arranging flights, insurance and accommodation
- Collecting and processing payments
- Offer excellent customer service, dealing with complaints in a calm and diplomatic manner.
- Offering face-to-face and telephone advice to customers.
- Advising clients on travel arrangements, e.g. visas and passports
- Sending out tickets to clients on time (at times personally delivering the tickets).
- Keeping clients up to date with any changes
- Plan details for travel including transportation, accommodation, and airlines.
- Work with clients to determine their travelling needs.
- Guide clients on the appropriate styles of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations
- Manage large-scale events including conferences and retreats.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations on behalf of clients.
- Collect payments and pay fees.
- Take the lead in resolving travel issues, complaints, and refunds.
- Meet sales targets and profit goals.
- Maintain client information and financial records
- Ensure to stay up-to-date with tourism trends by attending travel seminars.
- Maximizing sales and customer holiday experience by suggesting upgrades.
- Keeping product and brand knowledge up to date whilst having in-depth knowledge of the company’s brochures and destinations.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent Communication Skills – Oral & Witten
- Out-going and adventurous
- Passionate about travel with an aptitude for sales and customer service.
- Possess outstanding negotiation and sales skills.
- Excellent Problem Skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Listening Skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism or related qualification
- Must have a minimum of 3-4 years as a Travel Agent with a while established Travel and Tours Agency or Company
- Must have proven Sales and Marketing of Travel and holiday destination
- Outstanding knowledge of the latest tourism trends
- Must have experience in using Computer Booking System to secure holidays
- Must have depth knowledge of domestic and international travel destinations
- Experience in facilitating/coordinating VISAS and passports will be a plus
- Must be Customer Centric
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be well networked within the travel and tourism sector
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: [email protected] and Copy-in [email protected]
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE