Transport Officer at Jhpiego
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Jhpiego Jobs in Zambia - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Jhpiego is recruiting for Transport Officer
Family Health and Nutrition (FHN) Activity’s Transport Officer will work closely with the FHN relevant structures to coordinate transport for the efficiency of vehicle use. All FHN vehicles are compliant with government regulations and drivers possess valid driving licenses for driving FHN vehicles. The Fleet maintenance schedule for all vehicles is followed and all accidents are reported to the insurance company.
The Transport Officer will oversee transport and logistics for the Family Health and Nutrition Activity and facilitate international travel including the processing of staff visas for international travels. Coordinate transport program activities in the country.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with all FHN transport users to determine transport requirements and schedule transport to meet them.
- Manage ground transport including arranging travel logistics for staff, consultants, and international visitors as well as airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Facilitate the hiring of vehicles to supplement the Jhpiego fleet, and complete all necessary Jhpiego internal documentation in accordance with laid down policies and procedures.
- Ensure that inspection and assessment for road worthiness of all private vehicles hired for Jhpiego business are completed.
- Produce monthly fuel and vehicle use reports
- Ensure that all vehicle hire documentations are in place and fully approved before any vendor is engaged.
- Ensure that both hired and Jhpiego vehicles have valid road certification and Insurance documents.
- Maintain a record/ schedule of transport requirements for upcoming activities and circulate it to all staff.
- Submit monthly records of signed-off driver’s mileage log sheets to the Finance Office.
- Submit monthly fuel usage analysis and maintain a record of vehicle maintenance sheets for all project vehicles.
- Keep documents current such as registration, insurance, and vehicle logs and maintains a record of trip reports for all project drivers.
- Monitor the servicing of Project vehicles in a timely and well-scheduled manner.
- Work with Stores to coordinate haulage for all project activities in various Jhpiego operational centers/ offices.
- Ensure timely submission of invoices to Finance which involves logging them in for easy tracking
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Degree in Business Administration /Office Management)
- 5 years’ experience in fleet management or logistics
- Experience in Office management for projects funded by international donors
- Knowledge of US Government regulations and understanding of policies and procedures governing the management of motorized assets and the contracting of transportation services.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Able to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines; (Multitasking)
- Knowledge of basic Procurement principles
- Logistics coordination
- Ability to assess motor vehicle roadworthiness.
- Ability to work on several major and minor activities simultaneously
- High adherence to ethics and self-motivated
- Excellent general administrative skills, including excellent judgment and integrity
- Strong program-related administrative management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multiple requests
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrated ability in word processing and spreadsheet
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among Jhpiego staff
Method of ApplicationPlease send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document to the Human Resources Director: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The Closing Date is Friday, August 26, 2022