Temporal Depots Assistant Accountant at The Real Meat Africa Company Limited
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: The Real Meat Africa Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Amatheon Agri is a European agribusiness and farming company developing and operating sustainable agriculture and food projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, headquartered in Berlin.
Coupled with the experience of its management, the company secures its success through the development of new, large scale irrigated agriculture operations and vertical integration across the agricultural value chain.
With its network of global and local strategic partners, Amatheon creates shareholder value, community improvement as well as increased and improved food production. Thus, Amatheon offers unique individual employment opportunities with a focus on sustainability and development of local Sub-Saharan markets.
Amatheon Agri has a majority stake in a leading meat processing company and has since consolidated four businesses into the Real Meat Africa (RMA) Group and become one of the biggest meat processor and supplier of fresh meat and related products in the Country. The Group is also one of the leading suppliers in the retailing chains in the Republic of Zambia.
The Real Meat Group is now looking to employ a Temporal Depots Assistant Accountant for an initial period of 4 months.
The Real Meat Group is inviting suitable applicants to fill the following vacancy:
Temporal Depots Assistant Accountant
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting directly to the Credit Controller, you will be responsible for correct accounting for all company depots as well ensuring controls on cash and stock are applied as prescribed in all the depots.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare weekly, bi-monthly and/or monthly customer Depot statements from SAGE
- Ensure that intercompany invoicing of products to the depots is done correctly
- Manage the intercompany depot accounts reconciliations
Ensure that all returns from the depots to the plant are processed
- Conducting random spot checks on stock as well as cash in the depots and report on variances
- Lead monthly stock takes in all the depots
- Advise on appropriate provisions or write off for losses due loss of products
- Reconcile cash sales and bank debit card sales with the RMA Cashier
- Review of depot expenses
- Monitoring daily cash sales and stocks
Qualifications & Experience
- ACCA or CIMA Level 2 or an equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience preferably in an FMCG or manufacturing business
- An audit background will be an added advantage
- Familiar with a recognized ERP and strong knowledge of inventory and cash controls
- Self driven and attentive to detail