Supervisor, Planning at First Quantum Minerals
- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Role
To ensure smooth, efficient and continuous running of the planning department in line with prescribed standards ensuring that optimum equipment availability and reliability is realized.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Coaching and mentoring subordinates.
- Offer specialist technical support/guidance to the subordinates.
- Responsible for Planning Department processes. Must identify any changes that will enhance departmental process quality, and submit Maintenance Program Revision Requests for applicable policy and procedure changes.
- Preparing and Presenting Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly Maintenance Reports
- Performing RCFA on equipment failures and chairing analysis meetings
- Ensure the accuracy of the ERP Maintenance module database, task list, equipment history, spares lists, and Applied Parts Lists (APLs).
- Shut Down Coordination
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Senior Planning supervisor.
- Monitor and control material usage, labour utilization and timelines by adopting new techniques where necessary, aimed at operating within set budget limits.
- Carry out critical analysis of feedback information on maintenance work completed to determine the nature and frequency of breakdowns and recommend ways to minimize them (Defect Elimination).
- Ensure to approach all aspect of the work being planned or performed with safety as the highest priority.
- To Ensure- manage the status of work control and backlog for work order submission to work order completion. Status may include: waiting for planning, waiting parts, ready to schedule, scheduled, etc
- Other Duties as Directed by the Supervisor
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of a Craft Certificate in any Engineering Field
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- She/he should have Minimum three (3) years experience in overseeing maintenance planning and scheduling
- Proven supervisory experience in a large copper mining operation will be advantageous.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Use of PRONTO will be an added advantage.
- Team player
- Bold initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving attendance
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision.
- Very good verbal communication skills.
- A high standard of computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Office.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14 Nov, 2020