Service Truck Operator at First Quantum Minerals
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Perform Pre-start and pre-use checks on machinery.
- Confirm operational conduction of controls and all safety devices under power.
- Operate the machine within the rules and regulations of the relevant work site.
- Constantly monitor vehicle operation and report faults to the supervisor and or the workshop.
- Perform shut down and shift handovers checks on equipment.
- Move machines to required site as directed.
- Constantly monitor and respond to safety devices and read-outs whilst operating machine.
- Assist in the maintenance of operational effectiveness of the unit.
- Deliver timely in the pit or around the mine lease as directed by Supervisor.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Experience & skill:
- Knowledge in Basic First Aid and Basic Health and Safety
- Excellent team building ,organisation and communication skills
- At least 3 years working experience in heavy equipment operations preferably in the mining environment.
- At least a full grade twelve (12) certificate
- Truck Operator’s license or certificate
- Must be discreet and flexible.
- Must be responsible, focused and self – motivated.
- Ability to interact with people and work cohesively with them.
- Must physically capable of using and moving equipment and tools.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.