Senior Transport and Logistics Assistant at John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: John Snow Inc. (JSI) Jobs in Zambia - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
John Snow Health Zambia Limited (JSH)
USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity
Job Title: Senior Transport and Logistics Assistant
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to: Operations Manager
The USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity is a five-year project to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control, improving the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH).
JSH seeks reliable and highly experienced candidates for the position of Senior Transport Logistics Assistant to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will work closely with the Finance and Administration team and will be responsible for driving, monitoring vehicle operations and maintenance, and programmatic and administrative clerical support as needed. The Senior Transport Logistics Assistant will report to the Operations Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To monitor all movements and violations via the Vehicle GPS system on a daily basis;
- Responsible for the scheduling of all vehicles required for routine maintenance checks with reputable vendors as well as updating maintenance records;
- Generate purchase requests for vehicle requirements in the region;
- To support the Operations Manager in ensuring all vehicle SLA agreements are maintained for all vendors and filling stations;
- Maintain and update motor vehicle administrative files for each project vehicle;
- Assist the Operations Manager to ensure the Electronic Fuel cards (Tom card) reconciliation are complete, together with all receipts submitted on time;
- Assist the Operations Manager to ensure Electronic Tolling account recoupments (NFRA) and reconciliations for the entire fleet are up to date and done biweekly;
- Follow up and ensure replacement of missing fleet documents and vehicle accessories such as white books, electronic refueling cards, e-tolling cards, keys, and immobilizers;
- Orientation of TLAs and in liaison with HR ensure smooth placement and transition;
- Dispatch drivers and vehicles to ensure smooth execution of project operations on a daily basis;
- Follow up on payments involving the fleet department by liaising with the Procurement and Finance Departments;
- Facilitate the opening and closing of fuel accounts at filling stations;
- Assist the Operations Manager with the processing of road tax, vehicle insurance, carbon tax, and fitness registration, for all vehicles in the fleet as required by the laws of the Republic of Zambia and USAID guidelines;
- Coordinate with the insurer to ensure that claims are lodged and completed expeditiously;
- Maintain a central record of all incident reports and ensure follow-through for police reports were necessary;
- In liaison with the Operations Manager and Administration, facilitate for proper disposal of used tires and batteries;
- Coordinate a central leave schedule as per input from all HQ and regional staff;
- Carry out other duties necessary to accomplish CHEKUP II objectives, as assigned by the supervisor;
- To supervise the re-fueling of vehicles at the central office including monitoring Generator fuel requirements;
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel and fraud management policies;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager and other senior staff.
- Grade 12 Certificate and tertiary certificate in a related field
- Diploma or equivalent qualification in transport or any related field
- Five years’ experience in vehicle fleet management and administration
- Supervisory and dispatch experience
- Working knowledge of fuel account reconciliations, Tomcard operations and electronic road tolling operations strongly preferred
- Familiar with national regulations with regard to road tax, insurance and vehicle licencing
- Computer literate; strong MS Excel and Word skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Valid driver’s license and extensive driving experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Good multitasking skills
- Team player
Supervision and Reporting:
The Driver will work under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Method of Application
Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.
Closing Date: 17th October, 2022
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.