Senior Strategic Information Assistants x2 at John Snow Inc.
- Company: John Snow Inc.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia - John Snow Inc. (JSI) Jobs in Zambia
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations
Position Title: Senior Strategic Information Assistant (2 position)
Position Type: Fixed Term
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior SIA will work in close collaboration with the District Health Information Officer/or Hospital Information Officer and/or Facility in Charge in the management of HIV related data, including compilation of daily, weekly and monthly reports and analysis, data verification and data entry related to patient care and to perform all necessary functions and obligations as defined and delegated by these supervising officers. He/she will be required to perform the following duties:
Work with District Health Information Officers (DHIOs) with guidance from the project’s Senior Strategic Information Officer to implement the JSI SAFE M&E system with support from Senior Strategic Information Officer, the Senior SIA will lead the District efforts to improve the use of facility data either from Electronic Health Records (SmartCare) and/or paper records in managing clients and reporting.
· Provide leadership in the implementation of the project’s provincial M&E plan.
- Conduct monthly supervision of SIAs within their assigned District
- Provide technical support to facility staff and health workers in HIV/AIDS data management
- Build capacity in data use among SIA and facility staff Supervision at Facilities for Site Level M&E support
- Ensure the SIA’s contribute as an integral member of a larger facility-based team of SAFE supported clinicians, volunteers, professional counsellors.
- Ensure that documentation is complete in all HIV related registers across all facilities in the District
- Ensure that all facilities are using the Electronic Health Record System (SmartCare), as needed, for reporting
- Provide leadership in ensuring that all SIAs have a system in place to inform clients and maintain appointment dates for next visitation with clinician.
- Ensure that the facility filling system adheres to the set data management standards
- Provide leadership in updating HIV/Care cards for all activities and events for clinic days (where still in use).
- Provide leadership in maintaining constant feedback with health facility pharmacy staff on patients who have collected their drugs at commencement.
- Support the SIA’s in developing data use culture working in close supervision with the facility in-charge, conduct monthly data review meetings
- Monitor the consumption of stationery and request in advance of anticipated stock needs across all facilities
- Coordinate the compilation and transmission of daily updates on key indicators to facility and SAFE staff
- Coordinate the compilation of monthly reports for HIV/AIDS services and related Laboratory and Pharmacy service statistics and submit monthly reports to Provincial SI officers and respective DHIO’s/Health information officer.
- Reconcile HMIS reports with SAFE monthly summation (This applies to indicators are that part of MoH SAFE tracking)
- Ensure that data is Verified before submission to SAFE SI/or MoH information officer
- Coordinate the physical count of active clients on ART on a monthly basis
- Participate in data verification exercises, checking the data records at other facilities.
- Perform any other HIV-related data collection duties as assigned by the supervising officer of the health facility and/or SAFE SI Officers.
- Knowledge of Health Management Information System (HMIS)
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS information systems
- Strong background in HIV/AIDS data analysis
- Previous experience working as a data entry clerk for at least 3 years
- Three years working experience in the health sector
- Degree in statistics, computer science, monitoring and evaluation, social sciences, project management or related field desired or equivalent.
- Experience working with MS Access, Excel and Word
- Proven ability to design and manage monitoring and evaluation systems on development projects
- Demonstrated capacity to facilitate training workshops on M&E with local organizations
- Ability to travel at least 40% of the time
- Knowledge of USAID M&E Reporting systems
- Knowledge in DHIS2 data entry and analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, and other data visualization tools.
Also, we would like to emphasize that JSI/Zambia and its partners do not ask for money in exchange for employment.
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date : 16th August, 2022.