Senior Relationship Manager – Global & Large Corporates at Zambia National Commercial Bank
- Company: Zambia National Commercial Bank
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Zambia
The Senior Relationship Manager – Global & Large Corporates will manage relationships under the Global and Large Corporate portfolio for the Copperbelt region on a daily basis, attaining targeted sales goals, performance targets and customer net promoter score through the effective management of the portfolio.
- Responsible for implementing marketing strategies to develop existing portfolio and development of new opportunities.
- Understand customer needs and provide them with products and services to achieve business objectives.
- Provide support in structuring propositions to maximize business opportunities of an acceptable quality.
- Negotiate terms and conditions and prepare credit applications for new and renewal of loan facilities for corporate clients.
- Present and defend credit applications in the Management Credit Committee sittings/meetings.
- Establish an effective sales call cycle for key customers, partners and contacts and update the “deal pipeline”.
- Complete the wallet size for clients timely & appropriately file all client calls, client communications, internal memos, credit papers on the assigned portfolio.
- Timely initiate all credit processes (extensions, excesses full briefs, annual reviews).
- Cross Sell Trade, Treasury and transaction products and refer potential clients of the Bank for Business Banking and Retail.
- Assist Head – Global and Large Corporates with product knowledge and market research.
- Act as a principal point of contact in the absence of Head – Global and Large corporates
- Collate all action points raised in call reports, track and drive each action to its conclusion.
- Assist in the communication and implementation of any action necessary to improve service in respect of complaints/compliments received.
- Preparation of the credit appraisal and performance of all necessary due diligence procedures for clients seeking credit.
- Monitoring performance of all accounts and credit facilities in the portfolio.
- Be aware and fully understand all the terms of the credit policy.
- Act in accordance with the relevant regulatory requirements and standards.
- Manage the loan book within parameters set by risk management.
- Assess risk and business strategies of the portfolio and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- External: Existing / prospective customers, Internal stakeholders, Officials of regulatory bodies e.g. PIA, BOZ– for compliance and market information, Competitors
- Internal: All Divisions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above, mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Degree in Economics, Business Administration and any Finance related field of study.
- At least five (5) years in a related role particularly in the Financial Institutions space.
- Sound Knowledge of the Market and competitors
- Strong knowledge of financial products and services, practices and operational risk.
- Demonstrated selling, negotiation and communication skills.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of PowerPoint and presentation skills.
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Drive for results
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Analytical thinking & Problem Solving
- Ability to understand and interpret customer needs.
Method of Application
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Monday, 6th July, 2020.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).