Senior Procurement Manager at Development Aid from People to People
- Company: Development Aid from People to People
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
Description of the job: The overall responsibility for the Senior Procurement Manager is to manage the purchase of goods and services and ensure to follow the procurement procedures as per the code of conduct. To ensure that DAPP obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion. Support good distribution and documentation of supplies.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Oversees the procurement Office staff at the HQ Ndola as well as the local procurement committees at project level throughout Zambia (part of the procurement are conducted centrally and part is conducted locally)
- Reviews procurement plans for each project, supporting timely procurement for the projects to run smoothly, receiving supplies and equipment timely.
- Establish and follow up on procurement systems for distribution and documentation of supplies.
- Ensure that all procurement processes are followed and documented according to the procurement manual.
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times. Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices.
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers to be added to the suppliers lists. Researches new products and services to meet company’s goals. Assesses total costs of company purchases.
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
- Ensures that all documentation and procedures have been followed before presenting to the central procurement committee for approvals
- Ensure that the Standard Operations Procedures for receiving, distribution and that all needed documentations, contracts are followed throughout the process
- Ensures that due diligent is conducted at all levels for transparency and accountability.
- Ensures that all documentations have passed 100% before they reach the procurement committee at all levels.
- Develops the meetings schedules for the procurement committee, and that all minutes and agendas are well documented.
- Capacity build the staff on procurement procedures at all levels
- Is a fully registered member to Zambia Institute of Procurement
- Good in management, with advanced strategic planning abilities
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures and logistic skills,
- People person, good at networking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior organisational skills,
- Good Business Instincts and good negotiator
- Mathematics Skills and good in data analysis,
- Candidate must posse clean record of risks or any unethical conduct
Education and accreditation:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or a Related Field,
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position, in charge of complex procurement
Applications must be send with the following information
- Application letter
- Detailed CVs
- 3 referees including their contact details
Don’t provide any other attachments at this stage.
Method of Application
The application must be received latest the 3rd of April 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.