Trident College is located on a 113-hectare nature reserve in Solwezi, Zambia. The school opened its doors to the first pioneering group of pupils and parents in September 2013. In addition to serving the educational needs of the local copper mining community, the College, which is now home to 280 pupils, is rapidly becoming the boarding school of choice in Zambia and a firm option for parents and pupils throughout southern Africa.
Trident College is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced, and enthusiastic teacher to teach Maths to senior classes. The appointee will report to the Head of the Department: Mathematics and contribute directly to all College life areas, including the comprehensive co-curricular program and boarding.
Primary Purpose of the Job
To provide a forward-thinking, progressive education focusing on mathematics. The College offers the Cambridge In-ternational Examinations (CIE) curriculum to boys and girls from year 7 to year 13 with external Cambridge Certifica-tion at the end of Year 11 (IGCSE), Year 12 (A/S-level) and Year 13 (A-level).
Trident College Solwezi forms part of the Trident Group schools, consisting of three prep schools and the College. Trident Schools are, in turn, operated by Educore Services, a leading provider of independent schooling in Zambia.
Qualifications and other Requirements
The minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree with a Post Graduate Teaching Diploma and a minimum of 2 years teaching at a Cambridge A-Level or similar level.
Commencement date: 1 January 2023, if possible, but not later than 1 May 2023.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential skills and attributes:
• Enjoy living in a small, rural community in Africa.
• Look forward to making an innovative contribution as part of their growth and development.
• Deep commitment to the holistic growth and development of learners.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to innovate, engage and motivate staff to achieve the objectives of the department and the school.
• Enjoy being part of an evolving and growing school environment.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share