Security Officer at ZCAS
- Company: ZCAS
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Zambia
Reports to: Human Resource Officer
Purpose of the Job: To provide security services to the Centre as well as give professional
advice to ensure a secure learning and working environment. Further, protect and ensure safety
of the property of the Centre.
- Carries out risk assessments and make recommendations to Senior Management.
- Based on risk assessments formulate security policies and strategies, interpret and
implement security plans.
- Responsible for the supervision of both internal and outsourced security staff.
- Checks in-coming and outgoing motor vehicles at the campus gate to ensure that
Students/ Staff do not take out property that belongs to the Centre.
- Conducts hourly patrols of the Campus premises to detect situations of disorder in the
Centre, including loud playing of music by some students / Staff which may be
disturbing to others.
- Investigates any crime activities and ensure perpetrators are apprehended to protect
the Centre property and lives.
- Works with state security agencies such as the Zambia Police Service (ZPS),
Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), and Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) on
matters relating to the Centre’s security and investigations.
- Proactive in management of scanning the environment and detect security threats to
- Trains staff and students on basics of crime detection and prevention.
- Accountable for the Security Budget, efficient and effective provision of operational
security services to the Centre.
- Supervises the conducts daily inspections for ZCAS identity cards on persons to
ensure that only ZCAS students / Staff use Centre facilities.
- Maintains up to-date daily visitor’s book in order to ensure visitors do not over stay in
- Ensures control of motor vehicle traffic in the parking lots.
- Prepares quarterly and annual reports on security issues.
- Performs any other related duty as assigned by management
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 or Form V Certificate with 5 “O” levels
- Possess Military or Police training
- A diploma or any higher qualification will be an added advantage
- At least Five years’ experience in security matters
Skills and Attributes
- Courteous and helpful to clients and visitors
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Investigative mind
- Good written and spoken English
- Honesty and loyalty
- Firm and fair
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work awkward hours with
Method of ApplicationInterested qualified persons should address their applications to:
Registrar and Board Secretary
Dedan Kimathi Road
Enclose certified photocopies of academic and professional qualifications, National Registration Card and detailed signed curriculum vitae. Closing date for receipt of applications will be 19th February, 2021.