Scientific Officer – Entomology x1 & Scientific Officer – Parasitology x1
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Tropical Diseases Research Centre
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
The Tropical Diseases Research Centre is a National Health Research Institution established by Act of parliament No. 31 of 1982 under the ministry of health. The Centre is mandated to conduct research and training in Tropical Diseases and other diseases of national health importance such as HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis and other Opportunistic infections.
The Centre has continued to embrace a multi-disciplinary team of experts including medical scientific and non-medical staff to execute its functions in order to fulfil its mandate. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons who are self-motivated and result oriented to fill the following vacancies: –
1. Scientific Officer – Entomology
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate
- MSc in Entomology or related field
- PhD in Entomology will be an added advantage
- A minimum of at least three years experience in the Medical Entomology field
- Registration with Health Professions Council of Zambia preferably
- To formulate and participate in formulating competitive research proposals for research grants.
- To supervise all activities in the Entomology section including supervision of subordinates.
- To facilitate and take part in data collection, data analysis and reporting duties
- To participate in formulating policy documents
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
2. Scientific Officer – Parasitology
Qualifications and Experience
(a) Full Grade Twelve School Certificate
(b) Master in either of the following: –
- Basic science with a major in parasitology
- A PhD will be an added advantage
- A minimum of at least three years experience in Parasitology field
- Registration with Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- To carry out research and other assignments as directed by the Superiors
- To formulate and write qualitative and quantitative research proposals.
- To facilitate and take part in data collection, carry out data analysis and report writing.
- Manage subordinates’ research and administrative activities as assigned by the Head of Department
How to Apply
Hand written application letters accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional qualifications from recognized institutions should be addressed not later than 9th December, 2019 to: The Director Tropical Diseases Research Centre Ndola Central Hospital 6th and 7th floors P.O Box 71769 NDOLA
TDRC is an equal opportunity employer and encourage all to apply including women and minorities