Safe Schools/GBV Specialist at World Education, Inc./Bantwana
- Company: World Education, Inc./Bantwana
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Bantwana Initiative of World Education WEI/B) (www.bantwana.org) is seeking a full-time Safe Schools Specialist for an anticipated two-year pilot program to prevent and reduce school-related gender-based violence (SRGBV) in 60 schools in 2 – 3 districts as part of the Ministry of General Education (MOGE) Keeping Girls in School program.
The Safe Schools Specialist will support and oversee the implementation of secondary school-based SRGBV prevention clubs for boys and girls, as well as a series of initiatives targeting teachers and school support structures with community members with the knowledge, skills, and tools to prevent and respond to SRGBV. S/he will be responsible for working with District-level MOGE officials, school administrators, and civil society organizations and leaders, to provide them with technical guidance and capacity-building around SRGBV. This positions reports to the Program Team Lead, and is part of a small, cohesive staff team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the design, planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of mentor-supported boys and girls school clubs, that build students understanding and social assets around SRGBV and addresses negative gender norms that affect girls completion of education
- Also help design, coordinate, and implement interventions that improve teachers’ and other school actors’ understanding and response to SRGBV.
- In coordination with Team Lead and SRGBV trainer, adapt and develop training materials for the delivery of the SRGBV curriculum at students, teacher, and community level.
- Analyse and monitor trends, opportunities and challenges in the school system — and the program.
- Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships with key school structures and relevant actors.
- Work closely with colleagues to identify and document promising practices and strategic opportunities for enhancing SRGBV prevention activities.
- Support and coordinate with the M&E Specialist on research and evaluation of the pilot interventions.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or similar field, with special expertise in GBV preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience working with youth, including at least three years in GBV or SRGBV-focused programs or positions.
- Skilled trainer, with ability to work with government, educators, and community members, including experience leading coordination and capacity building efforts.
- Familiarity with Zambia’s education policies and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiatives and leadership.
- Good presentation skills and ability to represent the organization at different levels.
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date : 3rd May, 2021.