Risk Officer at Lawrence Sikutwa & Associates Company Limited
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Lawrence Sikutwa & Associates Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Lawrence Sikutwa & Associates Company Limited (LSA) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill in the following positions to be based in Lusaka.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, QUALITIES & ABILITIES
- Full grade twelve certificate with a minimum of a credit in English and Mathematics.
- A relevant Bachelors degree from reputable university and/or a professional
qualification i.e. CII,CIA, CA ZM, ACCA, CIMA, CRMA, CRISC.
- At least 3 years work experience in a compliance role preferably in a financial
- Team player and ability to set up a department
- Strong investigative skills
- Risk Management
- Leadership skills
- Basic Computer skills
- Good communication skills
- A high level of analytical skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Must be familiar with insurance and liability as well as compliance standards for
the industry, including financial, property, operational, or personnel reporting,
regulations, and standards.
- Must possess knowledge of risk analysis, database management and risk metrics.
- Extensive knowledge of legal requirements and compliance regulations.
- Identifies potential threats to the financial stability of the company, including risky
credit, investments, and portfolio inefficiencies.
- Detects potential threats to operational efficiency including underperforming
resources, personnel liabilities, property inefficiencies, and safety risks.
- Assess risk throughout the organization
- Quantify risk limits
- Develop plans to mitigate risks
- Assist functional managers in risk mitigation
- Monitor the progress of risk mitigation activities
- Create and disseminate risk measurements and reports
- Communicate to key stakeholders regarding the risk profile of the business
- Coordinates programs designed to minimize threats and anticipate threats to the
- Conducts regular risk assessments either through a team of risk management
experts or personally on site.
- Recognizes potential threats to the company’s reputation.
- Designs and implements methods for avoiding potential threats using available risk metric software and personal knowledge of the industry.
- Delivers regular risk analysis reports to company executives complete with
actionable plans for avoiding or preventing potential threats at all levels.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned from time to time.
- Create an integrated risk framework for the entire organization
- Prepares and maintains internal and external data gathering for risk analysis and
- Manages and prepares all documentation related to risk assessments and reviews
of standard operating procedures.
- Liaise with Chief Risk and Audit Officer and Internal Audit on risk related issues,
as well as risks emanating from non-compliance with regulation i.e. Financial
Intelligence Centre Act,The Pension Scheme Regulation Act.
- Stay abreast with current Risk Management Practices.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, you are invited to submit your cover letter and CV electronically only to the Group Human Resource Manager to [email protected] closing date is Wednesday 27th November 2019.
Please note that LSA is an equal opportunity employer
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.