Rio Tinto Jobs in Zambia : Land and Mineral Officer
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Rio Tinto
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Zambia
Rio Tinto is a global mining and metals group, dedicated to the smartest discovery, extraction and processing of the earth’s natural resources.Exploration and discovery have been the driving force behind our business for nearly 150 years. Exploration Africa-Europe is building a strong technical team in Zambia to undertake the safe prospecting and technical evaluation of potential copper developments within the region. Initial prospecting activities will include geological mapping, drilling and resource modelling; complemented with community and environmental characterisation work.MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLEIn complementing this team, exciting opportunity exists for a Land and Mineral Rights Officer to provide mineral rights and land access operational support to the Zambia Exploration Programme team by ensuring strict compliance with statutory, legal and contractual obligations and/or co-ordination of activities with stakeholders to gain and maintain access to land for exploration activities. It is essential that you are based in Zambia and have rights to work locally as the role may require to be FIFO (fly in, fly out) out of Lusaka or DIDO (drive in, drive out) to camp on a 4 week on 2 week off rotation in the field.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (among Others)Reporting to the Programme manager, responsibilities include
- Preparing and lodging licence applications and renewals to be endorsed by the Programme Manager within strict timeframes and ensure compliance with statutory deadlines and obligations
- Liaise with project leads and internal support functions (e.g. legal, accounting, HSEC and commercial) to advise their future statutory and planning obligations.
- Manage and maintain the flexi-cadastre database with respect to land and mineral rights obligations and compliance and ensure all exploration permits documentation is capture in the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)
- Liaise with statutory bodies and stakeholders as directed over land and mineral rights issues and new regulations/legislations to ensure the team is kept abreast with new developments in the industry.
- Assist with due diligence of land and mineral rights acquisition and maintenance.
- Communicate with operational and support teams on delivery of land access and minerals rights activities to ensure alignment with the Programme’s objectives
- Manage timeframes and resources effectively to ensure task objectives are met compliantly and in a timely manner.
- Assist in identifying changes to procedure, legislation and community expectations in order to position the company and comply with the changes
- Communicating with other members of the commercial team to ensure alignment with delivery of activities
- Graduate qualification in a related field e.g. mineral titles, law, environmental studies or any geoscience, economics or any related field or combination
- 3 – 5 years on the job experience within a resource environment
- Experience in exploration and /or mining or legal or environmental role or equivalent
- Proficient in English and a local language
- Computer literate on MS Word & Excel – basic
- Full driving license
- Basic understanding of the mineral/land rights and related legislation as well as commercial and banking legislation
- Experience in working within a multi-cultural organisation
- Understanding of and commitment to health, safety and environmental sustainability practices within the workplace
The incumbent will be expected to have the following competencies;
- Interpersonal and organisational skills
- Experience in the use of flexi-cadastre or any online tenure system
- Standard GIS; database management
- Negotiation skills
If you have the skills, energy, passion and commitment to help us take our vision forward, we want to hear from you.