Reagent Operator at First Quantum Minerals Ltd
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- The role has process control accountability over all reagent pumping ancillaries and related operating systems..
- Maintain safety of self, field operators and others in flotation operating area through strict compliance to HSE standards, procedures and instructions.
- Contribute to a high standard of plant housekeeping through zero spills.
- Communicate bottlenecks in the reagent delivery system that will affect the flotation stability such as incorrect mixing strength, issues with batch quality and flow ability.
- Compliance of available information to normal operating ranges and behavior, and troubleshoot, report, regulate and assist in resolution of any non-compliance.
- Ensure that shutdown and start-up procedures in all areas of control are executed safely and promptly.
- Operate the reagent equipment according to the procedures given in the daily operating strategies and instructions.
- Perform regular checks of all reagent dosing equipment operating trends to ensure optimal operating conditions;
- Diagnose plant defects/hazards and ensure they are immediately escalated to the Flotation Shift Supervisor.
- Demonstrate intelligent understanding and interpretation of reagent dosage measurements and repercussion on the plant stability.
- Execute the daily reagent operating instructions of the Flotation shift supervisor and the shift Metallurgist Flotation.
- Ensure all log- and check-sheets, are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct timely, documented and accurate shift handovers – reporting performance KPI’s, tasks performed, equipment status and focus items.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor Flotation
Qualifications and Experience
- Grader 12 certificate, A tertiary qualification will be an added advantage
- At least three years of work experience in a concentrator plant, preferably in a copper production.
Key Behavioral Skills
- Commitment to SHEC performance
- Ability to work and manage problems /actions across the time frame of one shift
- Possess ability to analyse and understand metallurgical and equipment of one shift
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Be diligent and thorough in approach
- Ability to work to work in multi- cultural environment
- Must have good communication skill
- Computer literate.
- Good team player