Provincial M&E Officer, Eradicate TB at PATH
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: PATH
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kabwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has been working in support of the Zambia Ministry of Health since 2004. The Zambia Country Program portfolio includes projects across priority health programs such as malaria, nutrition and immunization as well as policy and advocacy with funding from USAID and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. With a staff compliment of over 100, the PATH Zambia office is fast growing and the second largest office in Africa.
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that will collaborate closely with Zambia’s MoH, the NTB, the private sector, and other partners to support the eradication of TB in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on six (Copperbelt, Central, Muchinga, Northern, North-Western and Luapula) of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year Eradicate TB contract aims to increase the number of individuals screened for TB by 50% and increase the TB treatment success rate to 85% in targeted provinces. The four key tasks of Eradicate TB are to:
- Pursue high-quality DOTS expansion and enhancement.
- Address TB-HIV, MDR-TB, and the needs of poor and vulnerable populations in six provinces.
- Engage all categories of care providers.
- Enable and promote research.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Provincial M&E Officer who will be seconded to the Central Provincial Health Office. The positions will report to the Strategic Information Advisor based in Lusaka.
- Coordinate and participate in the timely collection and analysis of all supported facilities’ program performance data; document best practices and success stories.
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual programmatic performance reports; conduct basic data analysis and interpretation as required for program support and for reporting.
- Collaborate with other M&E and technical staff to interpret data and adjust implementation strategies accordingly to maximize impact.
- Contribute to the improvement of Health Information Systems (HIS), M&E activities, and data quality by undertaking visits to districts/facilities as needed to support and/or mentor data collection/collation or verify data quality or carry out spot checks/views.
- Participate in strengthening existing M&E system for the project.
- Ensure accuracy of entered data and compare it with the existing filing system to make sure all records are consistent and aligned.
- Ensure M&E database is up to date.
- Provide guidance and support to the M&E team in the development and implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, data quality, analysis, and reporting on program indicators.
- Participate in the training of project staff and MOH staff in monitoring of activities based on indicators and targets set out in the performance monitoring plan.
- Support the coordination and execution of events in the department, such as organizational project learning by developing, collecting, and disseminating relevant information on monitoring, evaluation, and research.
- Support team in developing data visualizations and use of data visualizations at provincial and district level.
- Establish strong working relationships with key managers dealing with M&E/information management and provide support to the program to facilitate effective collaboration and communication.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in providing monitoring and evaluation support..
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field.
- Experience in setting up and updating databases.
- Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines and support diverse team members in completing tasks.
- Understanding of USAID reporting requirements preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Well-organized and detail oriented with good follow-through.
- Strong writing skills.