Project Manager at iDE Zambia
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: iDE Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
iDE Zambia is a not for profit development organisation working with poor rural households to unlock their economic and entrepreneurial potential thereby sustainably improving incomes and livelihood opportunities. We employ market-based approaches, working in competitive agriculture value chains and leveraging the power of the private sector for impact and scale.
We seek to recruit staff to join our team for a recently awarded project
Project Manager x1
Primary purpose of the job
To provide strategic and operational leadership in the areas of project planning, implementation and resource management; ensuring strong team performance in achieving competitive project results at output, outcome and impact levels. S/he will be responsible for day-to- day management of the project. The Project Manager will also play a role as a subject matter specialist in unlocking access to markets for smallholder producers. This is a functional area of iDE Zambia’s competency; therefore, the Project Manager will be expected to contribute to strategic as well as organizational capacity development, effectively contributing to the sustainable and competitive realization of iDE Zambia’s program objectives and mission.
Duties to include:
- Develop and manage project work plan and budget
- Provide leadership to the project team ensuring effective and efficient and cost-effective project delivery.
- Collaborating with Finance and Admin unit in management and use of designated project resources/assets
- Conducting market audits, and ongoing analyses/ evaluation of selected value chains and the underlying systems
- Develop and promote competitive strategies, cultivating partnerships as well as taking the lead in testing models for effectively linking and sustainably establishing long term value relations between targeted small holder producers and off-takers
- Pro-actively facilitating and contributing to the growth and development of diversified smart agriculture enterprises.
- Contribute to improving the iDE’s FBA model with respect to its effectiveness, efficiency, relevance, and sustainably in delivering transformative last mile agriculture smallholder solutions
- Develop, in collaboration with M&E, a project tailored performance monitoring and results measurement plan.
- Timely reporting, sharing of results and learning as agreed internally and with donors.
- Education: Minimum of a BSc or BA degree in Marketing, Agribusiness management, agriculture economics or related field.
- Experience: At least 5 years’ professional experience of which at least 3 ears at Management level.
- Experience in building market access linkages,
- A solid understanding of small-scale farmers in Zambia and the role of the private sector actors in the agriculture sector.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Valid driving license
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter in soft copy (word) attaching only your cv to [email protected]
Closing dates for receiving applications is Friday October 18th, 2019
Applications strictly by e-mail