Project Coordinator – Multiple Micronutrient Supplementation Project at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia - WorldVision Jobs in Zambia
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Technical Oversight and Support
- Develop joint plan with Provincial health office, health workers and local authorities to initiate the MMS activities
- Support the Project Manager to develop field implementation plans in collaboration with respective District Health office personnel (MCH department)
- Jointly develop and implement orientation plan for health workers and Community Health volunteers (SMAGs) in MMS uptake in collaboration with the PHO and MOH National level
- Review budget frequently to ensure timely and adequate fund allocation and utilization in place for respective province
Coordination and Networking
- Coordinate with authorities and other health agencies for implementation of Maternal Health and Nutrition program activities
- Coordinate with other stakeholders through Maternal Health and Nutrition Sector working groups
- Participate in the advocating for the adoption of MMS in the ANC protocol in Technical work group meetings
- Participate in the advocacy and communications strategy of the adoption of MMS with MOH lead
Capacity building and Partnership
- Facilitate orientation of health workers on MMS uptake in collaboration with MoH in the lead
- Facilitate the Orientation of ttC and Government Safe Motherhood Action Group (SMAGs) on MMS uptake in collaboration with MoH in the respective districts
- Ensure the quality implementation of the MMS project in close collaboration with the Provincial Health office personnel in assigned Province
- Provide stock monitoring for MMS and coordinate supply chain with MOH at Provincial level
- Initiate procurement of MMS supplies
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Participate and review data collection tools with Project manager to generate lessons learnt for programme improvement.
- Work closely with the M&E officer to ensure clear understanding, tracking and capturing of project indicators and quality reporting.
- Utilize and adapt learning from monitoring and evaluation processes to inform programming.
- Consolidate and review monthly, quarterly and annual reports for timely submission.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing or Clinical Medicine
- Registered Midwife Experience in Maternal and Child Health Department Registered with General Nursing Council
- 2-5 years of relevant working experience in Maternal health, and/ or Nutrition programs Should have Valid practicing license
- Sound knowledge on Zambia Maternal child health and nutrition situation especially excellent technical knowledge on Maternal Health programming.
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively with other stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Other duties as designated by the Project Manager or his/her delegate.
- Attend and participate in devotions.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th December, 2022.