Project Administrator, Attractive Targeted Sugar Bait Project at PATH
- Company: PATH
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia - Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH) Jobs in Zambia
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multi-sector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is a partner to the National Malaria Elimination Centre (NMEC) in the effort to control and eliminate malaria in Zambia. PATH is partnering with the NMEC to implement a Phase III large-scale trial of a promising new tool for malaria vector control, the attractive targeted sugar bait (ATSB). The trial is operating in Western Province in the districts of Kaoma, Nkeyema, and Luampa from 2021-2023. The trial design is an open-label two-arm cluster randomized controlled trial with multiple endpoints including epidemiologic, entomologic, economic, and social/behavioral outcomes.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Project Administrator with the specific duties and requirements are listed below.
Budgeting and Financial Management
- Ensure Assist technical staff in development, management and monitoring of budgets for the project activities
- Prepare financial transaction documentation ensuring it is complete, accurate, and complies with applicable polices and internal procedures
Implementation Support Project Activities
- Ensure that all financial activities are conducted with the approval of appropriate project designees for expense approval and technical oversight.
- Facilitate processing of transactions by Zambia project team, liaising with Zambia Country Office financial management team for processing and generation of payments, purchase orders, etc.
- Work with the technical staff to plan and coordinate full range of logistics for workshops, meetings, & field work exercises; develop detailed budgets for activities using established formats; prepare financial reports of workshops, meetings, and field work exercises.
- Administer funds and maintain all documentation for assigned field activities including managing cash disbursements to meeting, workshop, and field work exercise participants.
Supervision and Coordination
- Maintain an active knowledge and understanding of PATH policies and procedures; seek out guidance from the relevant authority to resolve policy questions; and recommend changes to policies and procedures when appropriate and necessary.
- Provide Leave tracking for in-country ATSB Staff.
- Maintain a periodical review of the field office Asset register
- Provide project monthly burn rate reports to in-country senior management team
Contract Management and Procurement
- Assist technical staff in the development and submission of documents for consultants, contracting, and procurements, monitor and report progress against contract and agreement SOWs, budgets, reporting, payment schedules and deliverables
- Facilitate the generation and annual renewal of lease agreements for ATSB offices and storage facility for supplies
- Manage contracts for services provided at PATH offices for office cleaning and security services and weekly supply of purified water
- Manage contract relating to staff internet access via MiFi’s
- Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience for degree holders and a minimum of 7 years for diploma holders.
- Substantial experience in an international NGO program is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including courteous front-line communication, ability to work with varied team and demonstrated ability to multitask and meet deadlines with minimal supervision and direction.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point) and familiarity with the Internet.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated effectiveness producing accurate work product with attention to detail, even while under deadline pressure.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Proven success establishing effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, with collaborating partners, and with representatives of donor agencies and government ministries.
- Demonstrated ability to manage data and file.
- Flexible, detail oriented, organized, adaptable to changing priorities, and able to take the initiative and to meet strict deadlines.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to [email protected]
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd August, 2022.