Program Team Lead at World Education, Inc./Bantwana
- Company: World Education, Inc./Bantwana
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Bantwana Initiative of World Education, Inc. (WEI/B) (www.bantwana.org) is seeking a full-time experienced Team Lead for an anticipated two-year program to prevent and reduce school-related gender-based violence (SRGBV).
Working in partnership with the Ministry of General Education (MOGE) under the Keeping Girls in School program, the Team Lead will provide strategic oversight and management for a targeted pilot program operating in 2 – 3 districts with up to 60 schools. S/he will lead the delivery of proven school-based interventions that empower secondary school girls and boys and girls with protective social assets, and community-based interventions that strengthen teacher and parent capacity and shift community norms to reduce and prevent SRGBV.
The team lead will ensure high quality delivery and skills transfer with MOGE counterparts, while providing day-to-day program management of a small team of staff and key experts, supporting action research, and overseeing financial and logistical support. S/he will coordinate with Boston-based staff on all technical and strategic inputs, support country-level representation for WEI/B, and play an active role in securing new business for the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Spearhead program start-up, including key stakeholder interactions, workplanning, etc.
- Provide overall management and operations support to project team, including support for implementing identified evidence-based interventions that target norms, practices, and understanding around GBV and SRGBV
- Serve as key program liaison with the MOGE, donor, district and local education and community/social development authorities, etc.
- Work closely with Boston- and Harare-based staff to oversee financial management, grant compliance, reports and documentation, and M&E research and learning
- Build productive relationships with key stakeholders and contribute to new business efforts
Required Qualification and Experience
- Master’s degree or higher in education, social work, gender, development or related areas
- Minimum 7 years senior level experience in youth development, education l, gender and/or child protection programs
- Experience working with government, CSO and community stakeholders, including experience leading coordination and capacity building efforts.
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, and management experience (at least 4-5 years)
- Experience in participatory training (including training of trainers) and in operations research preferred
- Experience liaising with senior-level funders/donors, and delivering donor- funded projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, plus local language fluency
- Zambian nationals preferred
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date : 3rd May, 2021.