Product and Innovation Representative at VITALITE Zambia
- Company: VITALITE Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Production Jobs in Zambia
Are you up for a challenge and looking to join a great place to work? We are looking for a Product & Innovation Representative to join our team. If you think that could be you, please read on.
Who are we?
VITALITE Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company founded in 2013. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Zambia.
Our mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Zambian households. We pride ourselves on having been the first in Zambia to pioneer a fully integrated pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) service for Solar Home Systems and aim to become the country’s leading rural service and distribution company.
Our team of more than 147 employees and 650 community based agents is on a mission of positive change. We service over 50,000 customers and take pride in our positive impact on their lives and their environment.
According to an independent survey of our customers (run by impact reporting agency, 60 Decibels in March 2021), 88% find we’ve very much improved their quality of life.
What’s it like to work here?
- We have built a vibrant and dynamic team in which all of us are treated fairly and given equal opportunity to progress;
- We work in an emotionally safe environment within which we all have the opportunity to `fully express ourselves;
- Everyone is encouraged to create positive impact for themselves, their colleagues and our customers by taking full accountability for what we do every day.
- According to an independent survey (run by global gender advisory firm, Value for Women in February 2021):
- 94% of team members feel respected by their colleagues
- 97% of team members like our mission and purpose
- 86% of team members believe men and women have equal career opportunities
- 94% of team members believe issues of sexual harassment are taken seriously here
- 89% of team members believe we encourage open and honest communications
What is the job about?
The Product and Innovation is a highly dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial department, with the exciting responsibility for developing and executing a product strategy that brings life-changing impact products and services to VITALITE customers while meeting the business goals of the company.
This is a cross-functional department working closely with all VITALITE departments to develop products that are both commercially and operationally viable, and support departments to ensure the product portfolio is delivered effectively.
This team is accountable for our product portfolio throughout its lifecycle at all stages; from research, supplier assessment, development, testing, piloting, launch, refinement and end-of-life and makes sure our portfolio of offers delivers maximum value for our customers, remains competitive and meets the needs of the business.
The Product and Innovation Representative will play a key role offloading the team through being involved in a diversity of tasks as needed in existing product management, internal department support and new product development. There are great opportunities over time for specialization in product management of specific products, research and new product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize product documentation and portfolio overview
- Ensure there is up-to-date product information and documentation for each existing product
- Ensure all required documentation is attained and in place for new products
- Maintain and update documentation showing the product portfolio pricing, specifications and other relevant information
- Organize the documentation on google drive
Support Internal Departments
- Provide access to and share product information and documentation for internal stakeholders as needed
- Be first point of contact for internal inquiries on product support
- Provide direct support on product related inquiries internally and escalate where necessary
- Keep track of all product support requirements and ensure queries are resolved timely
Collect data on Existing Product Portfolio
- By designing and running surveys, focus groups and seeking feedback from sales teams
Support New Product Development
- Support the development of new products by helping design and carry out customer research, market research, hold meetings with existing and potential suppliers, customer surveys and pilots.
Competitor Research and Analysis
- Conduct periodic research on competitors by gathering information on their pricing, presale, and after-sale services, strengths, and weaknesses and product packaging/bundling
- Work closely with the customer care and national sales team to conduct customer or agent product feedback surveys
- Maintain and populate a competitor analysis spreadsheet
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field such as Engineering, product management/design or business administration
- 1-3 years of Experience in a relevant field such as Product management, product development or retail sales
- Strong Literacy in Microsoft Office/Google suite products, in particular
- Microsoft Excel/Google Spreadsheet
- Excellent English in writing and communication
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Method of ApplicationPlease email your up to date CV, copies of your Academic Qualifications and 2 references from prior employers to [email protected]
Incomplete applications will be disqualified so please take care to ensure you’ve included everything.
Closing Date : 6th October, 2022.