Plant Breeding Interns at TopFloor Zambia
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: TopFloor Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
TopFloor on behalf of our client, a leading Agriculture Company is seeking to hire Plant Breeding Interns to join their team in Zambia.
Interns are assigned to supervisors who outline general responsibilities, assist in project assignment and completion, and arrange opportunities to visit other functions in addition to daily responsibilities which include:
- Yield plot planting and harvesting
- Plot establishment and maintenance
- Data collection
- Assisting with the management of seasonal employees
- Projects which will provide exposure to breeding trials, as well as genetic/phenotypic analysis of plant traits.
- All Interns are assigned a specific research project
- Successful candidates will work both independently and in collaboration with other teams and provide thoughtful analysis to their assigned research project. At the end of the program, interns will present the results of the research project to an audience of peers and scientists. In addition, as part of their assignment, feedback on the program and research project will be requested throughout the internship experience.
- BSc students in Plant Breeding, Genetics, Crop Science, Agronomy, Horticulture or related field of study
- Detail and results-oriented individual with the ability to work independently and in team settings
- Interest in exploring a career in agriculture
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- MSc. in plant breeding, genetics, crop science, Agronomy, Horticulture or related field of study
- Experience in statistical analysis and field experimental design
- Prior farm experience
- Knowledge of farm and seed research equipment.
- Experience in characterizing plant phenotypes for disease/quality/morphological traits
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed candidates. Placements will be made in line with TopFloor’s Employment Equity Policy.