Pit Optimization Engineer at First Quantum Minerals Ltd
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Work with the optimization team to develop, implement and monitor business improvements.
- Actively seek to develop new ideas and initiatives that have the potential to provide the company with efficiency, cost reduction and productivity opportunities.
- Support technical, production, safety, training, services, commercial and maintenance teams with reporting and projects.
- Develop and maintain safe and effective work practices and procedures throughout.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excel, Word, Ppt., SQL Proficiency
- Competent at engineering analysis
- Report writing
Experience & Qualification:
- Junior Engineering position with 1 -3 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering
- Problem Solving skills
- Good people skills
- Confident and competent presenter
Applications close: 10 May 2019 FLE Daylight Time