Pensions Manager at Kwacha Pension Trust Fund
- Company: Kwacha Pension Trust Fund
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Kwacha Pension Trust Fund is a single employer occupational pension scheme.
The Fund seeks a highly skilled and motivated individual to be part of a dynamic team to fill the position of Pensions Manager.
Managing the day-to-day Pensions operations of the Fund.
Responsible for coordinating and overseeing the Pension Administration function of the Fund including provision of information to aid management decision making on elements of pension and benefits.
- To give advice to Senior Management of the Fund in relation to legislative issues concerning pensions. This involves interpretation of pension legislation, employment law in relation to pension issues, Income Tax regulations and various pension scheme rules;
- Development and implementation of Pensions Policy & Procedure Manual, Trust Deed, Fund Rules, and other relevant policy documents;
- Developing, implementing and monitoring budgets and work plans for the unit in line with the approved Fund strategy implementation plan;
- Consult regularly with the Sponsoring Employer, Actuaries, National Pension Scheme Authority, Ministry of Labour and other such institutions;
- Developing and implementing a robust Pension Management Information System that provides timely information to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Lead the identification and management of the pensions unit risks;
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of pension benefits;
- Responsible for of all calculations, advice and information given to members of the Fund relating to pension benefits;
- Coordinate implementation of pension matters directed from the Board and its Committees;
- Monthly, Quarterly and annual reconciliation of contributions;
- Liaise with the Investments and Finance Teams to ensure sufficient liquidity and timely payment of pension related dues;
- Ensure Pension records are kept secured;
- Supervise and coordinate annual compliance for all Pension Beneficiaries;
- Verify and sanction Pension benefit payroll schedules;
- Ensure tri-annual statutory actuarial valuation of the Fund. This includes management of the service level agreement, fee structure and costs related to actuarial valuation;
- Generation and distribution of annual member statements, magazine and newsletter;
- Ensure Annual General Meetings are held per provisions of the Trust Deed and Fund Rules;
- Preparing periodic reports for the Director and Management Executive Committee;
- Preparing Quarterly reports for presentation to the Administration and Benefits Committee;
- Ensure preparation and signing of Minutes of the Administration and Benefits Committee meeting;
- Administering the Performance Management and Development Contracts for subordinates in a bid to monitor and evaluate their performance;
- Facilitate the development of job descriptions for subordinates;
- Developing and implementing a robust pension management internal control system that ensures zero audit queries, and
- Additional tasks as maybe assigned.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels; credit or better in Mathematics and English Language being a must;
- Bachelors Degree in Pension Management, Business Administration, Banking & Finance, Accountancy, Actuarial Science, Economics or ACCA/CIMA/CFA or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Pension Management, Social Security, Business or related field will be an added advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of pension management processes and the establishment of pension administration policies;
- Working knowledge of payroll processes and use of pension software such as Com_pen;
- Sound working knowledge of pensions legislation and Income Tax Rules; and
- Minimum seven (7) years proven experience in pensions administration.
- Excellent people management skills.
- High level of honesty, integrity, objectivity and independence of thought.
- Strong leadership and team skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and keep to tight deadlines;
- Proven ability to create innovative solutions to problems.
Method of Application
All interested candidates meeting the above criteria should send their application, enclosing a one page cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae with three (3) references and copies of professional and academic certificates to the following address:
The Director Kwacha Pension Trust Fund Plot 5534 Corner of Kakola and Libala Road Lusaka.
Or email: [email protected]