Operations Manager at UBZ (2020)
- Company: UBZ (2020)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
UBZ (2020) a member of the Savenda Group of companies is looking for an energetic, well organized and customer oriented person to employ as Operations Manager. This position reports directly to the UBZ (2020) CEO and is based in Lusaka.
To efficiently and cost effectively manage the UBZ (2020) Bus Operations.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Formulates and implements the Company Operational Strategic Plan.
- Ensures cost effective and efficient Bus operations.
- Plans, budgets, directs and manages all transportation activities.
- Ensures compliance with operating policies, regulations and work rules.
- Prepares reports on operational activities and incidents.
- Creates and maintains a consistent quality and customer focused team orientation among subordinates.
- Liaises with maintenance staff to ensure that a reliable bus fleet is provided at all times.
- Ensure safe, on time performance, and responds to interruptions or delays in bus operations.
- Observes and evaluates the performance of operations staff.
- Identifis and responds to performance deviations and determines course of action to correct problems.
- Investigates violations of rules, regulations, and operating procedures and takes appropriate action.
- Observes operations and recommends service improvements to maintain and increase ridership.
- Ensures efficient daily service by ensuring that buses are clean and safe.
Education / Experience
- Grade Twelve School Certificate.
- Degree/diploma in Business Administration or Mechanics or any related qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a busy Transport Company.
Knowledge/ Skills / Attributes
- Excellent knowledge of transit operations involved in moving people by bus.
- Excellent knowledge of policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective public safety.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – word and excel.
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date : 27th July, 2021.