Operations Manager – Community Development in Agriculture at Community Development In Agriculture
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Community Development In Agriculture
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
A Commercial Cattle Farming Business in Southern Province, Zambia, seeks to employ the services of an Operation Manager to manage, oversee, co-ordinate and support the Community Development Program. The program targets the immediate surrounding small-scale and emerging farmers with the aim to train farmers in conservative farming methods, the benefits of preventative measures, dipping cattle etc. The purpose is to build a working synergy between The Company and the local farming community thus enabling an inflow of cattle and crops from the community to meet The Company’s requirements; while maintaining mutual benefit for the local famer, community and environment too.
- Highly organised, detail orientated multitasker with strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Strong communication skills and command of spoken and written English and Tonga.
- Administrative, financial and project or operational management experience.
- Qualification in operations management or similar managerial qualification.
- Proactive and resilient individual with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong people and leadership skills.
- Minimum five years’ experience in rural community development or similar environment.
- Minimum five years of managerial/leadership experience.
- Strong MS Office knowledge.
- Ensure the effective implementation if all programmes, from project scoping to impact evaluation and ensure that all operations run effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure strategic objectives of programmes are accomplished and align with The Company’s strategies and objectives.
- Ensure that the department’s administration runs effectively.
- Ensure timeous and accurate reporting for company and donor requirements.
- Adhere to all donor grant/MoU agreements.
- Ensure a regular flow of cattle and crops to the company from the small-scale and emerging farmers.
- Leadership of the operations team, ensuring training, mentoring and resourcing occurs with a focus on strengthening capacity to effectively achieve operational targets.
- Oversee the induction of new staff, monitor employee performance and conduct Performance Appraisals.
- Lead regular operational meetings.
- Improve operational systems, processes and policies in support of the section’s objectives.
- Ensure consistent delivery of all services.
- Maintain high standards throughout the operation.
- Develop and maintain a curriculum and training program for both cattle and cropping programmes.
- Develop projects and programs as required to align to The Company’s objectives and requirements.
- Foster good relationships with the communities and farmers in the surrounding areas, at all times.
- Engage with communities and leaders to gain access to a larger farmer network as required to fulfill The Company’s objectives.
- Engage with all donor or support organisations fostering a good working relationship.
- Strengthen relationships with government municipalities, departments and agencies to gain their support for all operations.
- Inform the company of any potential opportunities arising from stakeholder interactions and assist in the development of proposals to access these resources.