Officer, Safety at First Quantum Minerals
- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Role
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Ensure established company health, safety policies and procedures are upheld
- Review and update safety practices and procedures
- Conduct safety inspections in all areas within the scope of the responsibility
- Conduct accident & incident investigations
- Support emergency preparedness and response
- Assist in the safety audit and inspection programmes
- Conduct general site inductions for all new employees and contractors
- Attend toolbox meetings
- Participate in the development of Job Risk Assessments
- Provide input to the daily, weekly and monthly safety reports
- Attend monthly SHE Rep meetings and prepare minutes
- Enforce the Zambian Guide to Mining Regulations
- Promote a positive Health and Safety Culture
- Holder of a Grade 12 School Certificate
- Certificate / Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management from recognised institution
- Technical background will have an added advantage
- Computer Literate (Microsoft suite)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Holder of valid driver licence
- Minimum of 5 years safety experience in the Mining / Process / Smelter industry.
- Knowledge of OH&S systems – OSHSAS 18001, ISO 45001:2018.
- Experience in safety investigations and auditing.
- Experience in the development of safety procedures and standards
- Discipline and teamwork
- Ability to follow instructions and to give instructions where required
- Ability to make bold decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills
- Punctual, responsive and alert
- Able to work shifts.
- Exposure to dust, heat and noise.
- Cooperative and communicative.
- Valid Silicosis certificate
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14 Nov, 2020