NetGirls Zambia Jobs in Zambia : Director
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: NetGirls Zambia
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Netgirls Zambia is a grassroots initiative started in 2013 aimed at empowering girls and young women through Netball sports. Netgirls Zambia operates out of Katete boma and runs seasonal leagues in surrounding rural areas. Netgirls is affiliated with the Zambia Impact Network Limited (ZINL), a Zambia-based non-profit organisation based in Katete that is working to improve the quality of education in community schools in Zambia. ZINL is an equal opportunity employer. For more information see: www.netgirlszambia.org and www.impactnetwork.org.
The NetGirls Director is responsible for the overall coordination and running of the Netgirls netball league, including more than an expected 100 teams in the Katete District. The League director will be responsible for assistance in set up, monitoring, promoting and financial management of the league. In addition, the director will oversee 5 zone managers over the active seasons for junior and senior leagues. The position is a full time position, with the individual leading Netgirls activities for approximately 7 months during league operating times, and remaining months supporting operations of the Impact Network Education team.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Conduct awareness raising, recruitment and registration process for teams prior to the start of the league;
- Assist in drafting and revising league rules and guidelines;
- Oversee hiring and management of 5 zonal managers per league;
- Track operating expenses and deliver receipts/accounting to funders;
- Complete data collection forms on each team, the girls on them, their ages, weekly scores, etc.;
- Uphold rules of the league and handle problems as they arise;
- Manage and account for league equipment including balls and whistles;
- Promote the league on local media and the expansion of league activities as needed;
- Visit teams and observe games as needed (travel provided);
- Oversee implementation of complementary health and financial literacy programs aimed at Netgirls players;
- Communicate regularly with up-line managers at Impact Network who are located both in Zambia and the United States.
- Candidates should have a relevant college degree or minimum of grade 12 education;
- Experience in community organizing, or sports, including knowledge of netball;
- Interested and passionate about girls sports and supporting community youth activities
- Experience in bookkeeping and management;
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Speak and write fluently in English and in local language;
- Tech skills: Typing, E-mail, Word, Excel, smartphone usage, scanning
- Integrity, punctuality, reliability and attention to detail
- The ability to troubleshoot and provide reasonable solutions as problems arise
- Willing to reside near the Impact Network site office (Katete) and travel to projects sites as needed
- Willing to work weekends when needed
- Experience working in rural settings with minimal resources a plus
- Experience driving motorbikes, or willingness to learn
- K 1,600 per month
- Smartphone, talk time and data provided
- Transportation and travel expenses for work purposes provided
How to Apply
To apply deliver a cover letter detailing your qualifications and why you are a good fit for the position (including your experience and knowledge of the Katete area), CV (resume), copy of NRC, copies of school results and any other relevant documents to the Impact Head Office in Katete Boma. You may also apply by sending an email with relevant attachments to: [email protected] — The subject of your email should be: “Application for Netgirls Director position.” Applications from qualified women strongly encouraged.
Applications will be accepted until 30 May 2018 or until position is filled.