National Vocational Training Expert For Partner VTIs In Lusaka And Deputy Team Leader at NIRAS
- Company: NIRAS
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
NIRAS International Consulting (NIC) is participating in a tender in Zambia under the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) implemented “Thriving through innovative vocational education in the water and energy sectors (THRIVE)” Project in Zambia.
We, therefore, seek to find a National vocational training expert for partner VTIs in Lusaka and deputy team leader for the consultancy services in technical and vocational education and training (TEVET) in the water- and solar energy sector.
The opportunity is at the tendering stage in the GIZ tender process.
About the project:
Commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the GIZ is implementing a new Technical Cooperation (TC) Project “Thriving through innovative vocational education in the water and energy sectors (THRIVE)” in Zambia. The THRIVE project is part of the “Water in Zambia”, a German Development Cooperation (GDC) Programme whose aim is integrated management of Zambia’s water resources and improved access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation.
The overall objective of the THRIVE Project is the labour market orientation of technical vocational education and training in the water and solar energy sectors is increased for young people. The THRIVE Project supports vocational training institutions (VTI) through labour market-oriented training and in-service training in the solar energy and water sector in cooperation with public and private companies. Through the improvement of competencies of skilled workers, the project creates significant preconditions to the introduction of solar powered electricity supply systems as well as for the sustainability of sanitation and water supply, thereby, contributing to the impact logic of the GDC programme.
Tasks of the National vocational training expert for partner VTIs in Lusaka and deputy team leader:
Based at the two partner VTIs in Lusaka with occasional assignments in partner VTIs in Luapula and/or Southern Province, the National vocational training expert for partner VTIs in Lusaka and deputy team leader will have the following tasks:
– Local representation of the Contractor in the absence of the team leader
– Assume responsibility for advisory services in gender sensitive planning and implementation training courses in the two partner VTIs in Lusaka
– Assume overall responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of tasks related to Output 2 and 3 with the two partner VTIs in Lusaka, including coordination and collaboration with other partner VTIs
– Assist team leader in selection and specification of training equipment and tools for VTIs in Lusaka, including installation, as well as in preparation of local for partner contributions related to the TVET courses
– Assist team leader in management support to VTIs, incl. organizational issues, strategic planning, financing and marketing
– Assist team leader in assignment of short-term specialists for the design of training materials and in activities related to training of trainers and support to the implementation of training courses
– Assist partner VTIs in the participation in coordination formats incl. skills advisory groups in the water and solar energy sectors
– Closely work with VTIs selected employment and entrepreneurship officers to build up relations with private and public sector companies for industry training components and employment opportunities
– Assume administrative duties such as setting up meetings and workshops related to project activities
– Perform other duties assigned by the team leader according to requirements.
– Education/training: University degree (BSc) in the field of vocational education, water and/or environmental management, electrical or mechanical engineering, or business administration
Languages: Proficient language skills in English (level C1 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) (5 points out of total of 10 points in assessment) and proficiency in Nyanja or Bemba or Tonga (remaining 5 points in assessment) – valid driving licence required and familiarity with driving vehicles with manual transmission.
Professional experience required:
– General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in capacity building in the operation and management of utility service providers (such as water supply, sanitation or electricity supply)
– Specific professional experience: 5 years of professional experience in TEVET in plumbing and/or water supply and sanitation and/or construction and/or electrical technology (5 out of 10 points in technical assessment), thereof 2 years work experience in TEVET-industry collaboration (remaining 5 points in technical assessment)
– Leadership/management experience: 2 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company
– Regional experience: 6 years of work experience in Zambia (5 out of 10 points in technical assessment) and 2 years in the east and/or south African region (outside of Zambia) (remaining 5 points in technical assessment) – Development cooperation (DC) experience: 3 years of experience working on DC projects – Other: 2 assignments with gender-related measures in the past 3 years Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February, 2023.