Materials Procurement Engineer at SCAW Limited
- Company: SCAW Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
SCAW Limited seeks to employ a suitably qualified, experienced and result oriented individual to fill up the position below;
Materials Procurement Engineer (1)
The role will be part of the existing Procurement team and to add value to the system and process areas of whole procurement function to ensure timely delivery of engineering spares with accurate scientific specifications.
The role will focus on implementing systems & processes for Suppliers due diligence including registration, contracts management and timely buying of engineering items & equipment in a manufacturing environment. Develop a data base of reliable suppliers to minimise on the procurement process.
The key objective of this role is to strengthen the current procurement team in terms of people, processes and standardise spares in collaboration with the maintenance team to ensure timely delivery of engineering spares with correct specification.
This role has following key accountabilities:
1. Maintain Register of Suppliers
2. Implement and maintain Supplier due diligence process
3. Liaison with Maintenance team to standardise spares
4. Manage procurement for Engineering items & Equipment
5. Negotiating and contracting with Suppliers
6. Logistics management including co-ordination with C&F agent
7. Product Performance Management
8. Weekly Procurement Reports
Experience and Qualifications:
- Tertiary Qualification in Purchasing and or in Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years of buying experience in engineering items manufacturing company
- Good practical knowledge of Suppliers due diligence process
- Knowledge of imports procedures
- Knowledge of customs clearance and tariff
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Curious and eager to learn
- Work with integrity
- Strong Analytical Skills
- An eye for details
- Self-drive and assertive
- Able to work and learn quickly in a manufacturing environment
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their applications with copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references, academic/ professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. State the area you are working from and your works number in the application. Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Thursday, 9th July, 2020.
Corporate Services Department Scaw Limited P.O Box 20418, KITWE.
Or Email to [email protected]