Manager, Project at ChildFund International
- Company: ChildFund International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Katete
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Title: Project Manager-UNICEF
Reporting Relationship: Technical Manager – Education
Community Based Integrated Early Childhood Development Initiative Project Manager will be responsible for the overall operation of the project in both Petauke and Katete. The role Includes managing two Community facilitators, coordinating the project and providing strategy and logistical project leadership, and coordinating project activities. Among many other things, he/she will be responsible for budgets, the safety of children, and compliance to state on regulations, staffing, parent and family involvement and collaborating with and involving community partners. The Project Manager will also strengthen the Community Facilitators’ understanding of the areas of stimulation and responsive care, expanding effective practice, knowledge sharing and policy through increasing the involvement of government partners in Katete and Petauke. The Project Manager will also be responsible and accountable for all aspects of the project, in particular conceptual strategic leadership, high quality contract deliverables/compliance, and documentation.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
- Overall project management, including the development and execution of the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIP) in line with the approved plans. Budget and donor guidelines as well as ChildFund procedures and policies adhered to at all times
- Lead the coordination of mentoring and coaching of the Community Facilitators on project content, and to build technical and organizational capacity. Regular monitoring of progress against project indicators
- Timely preparation and submission of quality progress reports that meet the organizations/donor requirements, as stipulated in the contract.
- Network with relevant government and civil society agencies especially at district and provincial level
- Maintain accurate project records.
- Finance reporting and cost control
- Maintain staff technical proficiency and productivity.
- Document Lessons learnt and best practices for experience sharing and replication.
- Ensure project staff adhere to the organization’s programming principles, procurement, administrative and financial policies.
- Oversee implementation of community-based parenting in 20 communities, led by Community Facilitators. Organize, coordinate and schedule various early childhood and parenting classes, as well as special ECCDE events throughout the year.
- Organize and facilitate a series of trainings and coaching on related ECD concepts.
- Engage communities around ECD.
- Strengthen ECCDE center-based service delivery mechanisms.
- Provide leadership, direction, and communication to ECCDE TWG, facilitate leadership opportunities for ECCDE parents or interested citizens and respond to needs and issues identified by the TWG.
- Perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor, other management staff and organization.
- Close liaison with ChildFund Country Office Technical Manager – Education, Senior Grants Accounting Manager and M&E staff to ensure accurate collection, management and utilization of information.
- Provide leadership in documentation and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned.
- Participate in the review and development of plans and budgets as well as monitoring of expenditures.
- Regular travel to target Districts (Katete and Petauke) to assess and monitor project activities and provide support to the Community Facilitators as well as Stakeholders and community members involved in the project.
- Provision of guidance to the Community Facilitators on the quality implementation of the project.
- Degree or better in Early Childhood Education preferred, Social Sciences or any related Field with minimum 3 years’ experience in program implementation, M&E and Donor Contract
- Management of ECD or OVC programming
- Minimum of Two (2) years hands on experience working with children, especially stimulation and ECD setup.
- Minimum 3 years Project management skills
- Ability to work and deliver with minimum supervision.
- At least two years of riding a motor bike in a rural terrain, with a clean driver’s license.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2nd April, 2021.