Legal Counsel & Company Secretary at National Health Insurance Management Authority
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: National Health Insurance Management Authority
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Zambia
The National Health Insurance Management Authority (NHIMA) is a body corporate established under the National Health Insurance Act No 2 of 2018. The Act’s primary mandate is to provide for sound financing for the national health system in order to provide universal access to quality insured health services to all Zambians.
In fulfilling this mandate, the Authority now requires the services of;
Role: Legal Counsel & Company Secretary (01)
The role will provide legal and secretarial services, advice and professional guidance to the Authority in order that the Authority activities and transactions are conducted in accordance with the National Health Insurance Act No. 2 of 2018, National Constitution and any other accompanying regulation.
The primary responsibilities ofthe role will be;
- To advise the Authority on legal matters in order to adhere to the Governing Laws;
- To represent the Authority in litigation in order to safeguard the interests of the Authority;
- To provide legal opinion on all agreements and contracts in order to ensure adherence to contractual obligations;
- To coordinate with Attorney General’s Office on legal matters;
- To recommend amendments to the National Health Insurance regulations as may be required;
- To prepare and file legal documents;
- To interpret laws, rulings, and regulations and advise the Authority on how to proceed;
- To provide secretarial services to the Board in order to facilitate the conduct of board business;
- To provide custody of the Authority Seal and manage its use; and
- To perform any other duties lawfully assigned by the supervisor
- Grade twelve (12) School certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better including Mathematics and English Language;
- Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognised institution;
Suitable candidates should apply enclosing the following:
- Detailed curriculum vitae with 3 traceable referees;
- Copies of academic and professional qualifications;
- and National Registration Card.
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to;
The Director General, National Health Insurance Management Authority, P.O. Box. 31772, Lusaka.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 30th August 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Clearly write the position you are applying for on the envelope.
NHIMA is an equal opportunity employer