Lead Diesel Mechanic at Yalelo Limited
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Yalelo Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Siavonga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Yalelo is seeking a hands on Lead Diesel Mechanic with extensive experience in Proactive & Corrective Maintenance to be based at our production site.
Location: The role will be primarily based at our Yalelo farm in Siavonga but may require occasional travel to Lusaka.
Our Right Fit candidate will:
- Examine both trucks and cars based on scheduled / proactive maintenance and table customer concerns on company units.
- Troubleshoot faults and repair or replace worn parts such as: spark plugs, wheel bearings, brake pads, fuel filters, and sensors etc on a wide range of units (Mercedes, Isuzu, Daf and Tata trucks), as well as light motor vehicles such as: Isuzu, Toyota and Ford.
- Carry out weekly inspections to ensure thorough examination of all units at the Siavonga farm using detailed checklists.
- Carry out detailed mechanical and auto electrical trouble shooting of problems using computerized diagnostic equipment and common sense.
- Establish appropriate repair measures based on analysis, peer-to-peer examination, and past experience.
- Perform repairs thoroughly and accurately on diesel and petrol engines, taking into account original repair strategy and customer specifications OTIF.
Our Mechanic should have:
- A Craft Certificate or higher in Automotive Mechanics or higher with specific focus on diesel engines or completion of a post-secondary program in diesel automotive mechanics
- Industry Experience: At least three (5) years’ work experience in a maintenance environment including two (2) years’ experience at supervisory level
- Experience with electronic systems maintenance and repair
- Experience in engine OVERHAUL on both petrol and diesel engines.
- Basic computer skills
- Strong verbal communication skills – Our mechanic is expected to communicate repair works/information to the customer, other mechanics as well as the departmental manager.
- High Critical thinking skills
- Exceptional Troubleshooting skills
- Mechanically and analytically minded
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work a schedule outside business hours and/or flexible shifts.
- Be able to work in a team.
- Be detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Use computer maintenance management system (CMMS FIIX).
- Increase truck availability.
- Positively IMPACT work schedule compliance.
- Reduce Overdue preventive maintenance work orders
- Positively impact MTBF – Mean Time Between Failures
How to Apply
If you’re the one, Yalelo wants to hear from you today!!! To Apply, follow this link – Job Application: Lead Diesel Mechanic
NOTE: Yalelo does not require any fees nor do we use any agents in our recruitment process.