Intern (Accounts) at TechnoServe
- Company: TechnoServe
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
- Job Description
- Assist in all Accounts duties at TechnoServe
- Receive further mentorship and assist in administrative duties at TechnoServe.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Finance office duties
- Payment processing: Ensure payments are processed in due time and based on appropriate documentation and approval
- Prepare financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with bookkeeping software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the organization.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
- Timely submitting of ZRA, NHIMA and NAPSA Returns
- Any other duties within the scope of work.
- Required Skills & Experience:
Candidates applying should possess the following requirements:
- Zambian citizen or right to work in Zambia
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting / Level 2 CA Zambia /ACCA / CIMA
- Proficient computer skills in Accounts software (Excel and any other software)
- Strong analytical skills including in written form
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and knowledge of local languages an advantage
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th September , 2022.