HV Electrician at First Quantum Minerals Ltd
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid.
First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.
When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers.
Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 – 300,000 tonnes per annum.
- Installation of new electrical systems, replacement of old, faulty or redundant Electrical systems as per the Company and vendor’s safety and quality specifications.
- Ensure that all electrical equipment have the correct hardware interlock and safety parameter settings for effective and safe operation.
- Adhere to the companies planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Effectively maintain the electrical equipment with the minimum effect on the mining production.
- Report all incidents immediately to the Supervisor.
- Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within your section
- Report all defective tools, record and control all replacement of tools.
- No person is allowed to operate any equipment without an official driving operating permit.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Electrical Craft Certificate
- Zambian driving License (Valid)
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Minimum of a Grade 12 school Certificate
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum five years’ experience in a Mining environment working as an artisan.
- Knowledge of low voltage systems, 24vdc
- Knowledge of MV and HV transformers
- Knowledge of AC and DC electrical motors
- Knowledge of Electric rope shovels, Electric trucks and Electric drills
- Knowledge of Ancillary equipment such as grader, dozer and loader
- Knowledge of Hydraulic excavator and drill
- Knowledge of variable speed drives, Soft starters and Direct online starters
- Good knowledge on the use of electrical measuring instruments.
- Reading electrical drawings
- Computer literate.
- Previous programmable logic control experience
- Bolder, smarter, driven
- Ability to mentor subordinates
- Sound planning, analytical and problem solving skills