Human Resource Officer at Ciheb Zambia
- Company: Ciheb Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia
Ciheb Zambia is a local registered entity that has been implementing comprehensive HIV services in Zambia for over 5 years. The organization has been supporting the Ministry of health to conduct community-based HIV prevention and testing services. Additionally, through Centers for Disease Control and prevention funding Ciheb Zambia has supported the Ministry of Health to roll out COVID 19 vaccination.
Ciheb Zambia is looking for suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Human Resource Officer to support the Human Resource function and in the day-to-day management of the Human Resource activities of the program.
Position Title: Human Resource Officer
The Human Resources Officer (HRO) will be responsible to support the human resources planning, development, implementation and administration for Ciheb country office. The HRO will ensure harmonization and standardization of employment-related matters for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Human Resources
- Implements day-to-day administration of all HR activities for the office in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Coordinates recruitment process to ensure a smooth process flow from identification of a vacancy to the filling of that vacancy.
- Collaborates with country office leadership and project management staff, on HR strategies and practices that will help achieve the strategic and programmatic goals of the country portfolio.
- Ensures that HR programs are developed and implemented in all HR disciplines, including Employee Relations, Recruitment, Onboarding, Benefits Administration, HR Information Systems, and Compliance.
- Provides regular briefings to supervisor and leadership on HR matters, including the status of recruitment, training, leave balances, etc.
- Provides specialist employee relations advice and guidance with respect to disciplinary, grievance and absence and ensure consistent and acceptable levels of individual employee performance.
- Manages staff to ensure a high level of customer service and confidentiality is provided throughout the organization.
- Provides guidance and direction to functional managers, groups, and operations on company policies and programs.
- Provides leadership, technical assistance and monitoring to field offices in the administration of their HR functions.
- Ensures proper filing / record keeping of all HR related documentation including personnel files.
- Maintains a thorough awareness of developments in labor laws and legislations and advises management accordingly. Ensures compliance of employment laws and regulations among the organization.
- Stays abreast with changes in country labor laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Ensure that all service provider agreements and leases are current.
- Point person for office upkeep, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands.
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment; council licenses, fire drills etc.
- Ensures up to date insurance for office equipment.
- Organizes, schedules, and supports country office meetings and appointments.
- Administers monthly mobile talk time top up.
- Suggest and implement improved work methods and systems including filing systems (hard copy and electronic).
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team members to ensure their department needs are met.
- Review requests for operational supplies and ensure that all administrative resources (photocopiers, printers, computers, water/coffee/tea, and consumables) are available and stocks maintained.
- Develop intra-office communication protocols.
- Streamline administrative procedures.
- Book for air travel for local staff and visitors.
- Point of contact for international visitors i.e. visas, accommodation and transport.
- Order supplies and equipment as needed and in-line with budgets.
- Responsible for assessing the technical needs of staff across the board while supervising the IT support.
- Management and control of organizational assets and entails maintaining the list of assigned equipment; inventory tracking.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of human resources principles and accepted practices.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good English written and oral communications skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities and resourcefulness including organization and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer processing, including MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Previous experience with Human Resources Information Systems will be advantageous.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding Human Resource Management.
- Ability and willingness to travel to provincial offices a minimum of 25% time.
Qualification and requirements:
- Successful candidate will have a diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field.
- 4-6 years of progressively responsible human resources management experience in the areas outlined.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Good working knowledge of local employment laws, policy interpretation, and benefit administration.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player, excellent communication skills, and strong computer aptitude is required.
- Prior experience working within an NGO environment is a plus.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date : 30th November , 2021.