Human Resource Manager at John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia - John Snow Inc. (JSI) Jobs in Zambia
John Snow Health Zambia Limited
USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Category: Full-Time position
Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
The USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity is a five-year project to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control, improving the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH).
In collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations, the HR Manager is responsible for developing and managing an HR program in the areas of recruitment, onboarding and orientation, leave management performance management, disciplinary, payroll administration, child safeguarding (focal person), benefits and welfare administration, employee relations, policies & procedures, leave management, safety and security. He/she will provide support for the day-to-day HR operations and activities befitting JSH employees working on the project. The HR Manager will report to the Director of Finance and Operations and help in achieving the project’s goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the finance and operations team and senior management, maintain the employee manual, safety and security manual, and code of ethics. Ensure all staff are familiar with the information and receive updates as needed;
- Coordinate recruitment & placement – (i.e. reference checks, interviews, coordinating related payments, employment agreements & offer letters, preparation of notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions);
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates/ inputs including new hires, terminations and changes to pay rates;
- Oversee child safeguarding culture- promote, support and monitor internal reporting processes;
- Training and development- including but not limited to ensuring all staff understand and comply with the company’s ethics policy;
- Maintain accurate and updated personnel files (hard/soft copies), leave records and send updates to H/Q quarterly;
- Coordinate various employee relation initiatives – i.e. orientation, annual performance assessments, exit interviews, etc;
- Staff welfare/benefits administration– medical aid, processing death grants/benefits, education & uniform allowances, GLA & GAP claims;
- Ensure that visas, residential permits, and other legal requirements of potential consultants are handled appropriately;
- Coordinate consultant recruitment, draft consultant contracts and ensure that contracts are signed by both parties;
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings investigations and terminations (in compliance with the local labour laws);
- Keep abreast of any changes in local laws and regulations having an impact on HR policy and incorporate such changes into the employment manual as may be required;
- Implement and/or adhere to JSH’s personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies.
- Travel to regional offices as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned by other senior staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, management, business or public administration, or equivalent experience;
- At least 6 years of HR experience;
- A fully paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM );
- Excellent working knowledge of local employment laws, policy interpretation, & benefit administration.
- Experience having maintained HR and personnel files;
- Ability to take initiative and perform with limited supervision as well as work in teams;
- Previous experience with HR management & managing people (managing front line supervisors);
- Excellent verbal and written English- strong communication skills;
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion at all times;
- Proficiency in MS Word/Excel and power point required;
- Experience working on donor-funded projects, especially USAID, is preferred.
Method of ApplicationTo apply please complete the application form available HERE. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form
Closing Date: 18th October 2022 Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.