Human Resource Consultant at John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia - John Snow Inc. (JSI) Jobs in Zambia
John Snow Health Zambia Limited
USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity
Scope of Work
Job Title: Human Resources Consultant
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Three (3) Months Consultancy
Reports to: Operations Consultant
The USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity is a five-year project to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control, improving the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH).
JSH is seeking to engage an insightful, detail-oriented, and experienced individual as a Human Resource Consultant for its Lusaka office. The HR Consultant contributes to the accomplishment of HR practices and objectives by supporting the full employee life cycle from recruitment, and induction to exit, and by providing administrative support in the day-to-day running of HR activities. The HR Consultant will report to the Operations Consultant and work in close collaboration with district operations staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide HR related advice to managers and staff in relation to employment contracts, terms of employment, and the interpretation of agreements, the law, and policies.
- Contribute to the development, review, and maintenance of human resource policies, practices, and procedures for staff, consultancies and volunteers
- Manage human resource cases including disciplinary matters, health and safety, and child safeguarding,
- Assist in the development and interpretation of human resource data, to assist business units with workforce planning and operational matters.
- Assist business units with recruitment and selection processes, including creating and updating job descriptions, and providing accurate and timely advice on throughout the phases of recruitment and selection.
- Actively participate in operational HR planning, including assisting in consultation processes with internal stakeholders.
- Lead the onboarding orientation, trainings, goal setting, HR online management system training etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration required.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in HR, preferably having worked as HR Consultant with an International or local NGO on a similar project or company.
- Good knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Experience with and knowledge of employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and
- Practices. Good understanding of the local labor law.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Valid ZIHRM license
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will work under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Consultant.
Method of Application
Closing Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2022
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.